Media Face off between Holloway and Kattar

At first I wanted Max to win, but then I listened to both fighters prefight interviews and I changed my mind. War Kattar! Nothing personal to Max, but I hope Kattar pieces him up with crisp clean accurate. Hopefully Kattar has the gas tank and potential tdd/grappling defense to stay out of trouble
What changed your mind?

I can’t help but rooting for Max. Just an all around good person. The fact that he just turned 29 is insane. He’s been through all the ups and downs

Why wouldn't Max still have it? He's only 29 and hasn't taken too much damage. He's fighting a game opponent so it will be fun. I think Kattar is a little overrated on here and expect Max to outpoint him.
He has taken a ton of damage.

Max needs to bring the full game and not take his durable chin for granted. Kattar has the style to give him problems. I know it’s terrible but listening to recent interviews I fear Max is getting into the 200,000 miles club, 29 means 29. That doesn’t represent fight mileage. I hope I am wrong.

Max sporting his MC Hammer pants and Michael Jackson coat, all he needs is one glove to complete the ensemble.

Why wouldn't Max still have it? He's only 29 and hasn't taken too much damage. He's fighting a game opponent so it will be fun. I think Kattar is a little overrated on here and expect Max to outpoint him.

Hasn't taken too much damage? Really?

At first I wanted Max to win, but then I listened to both fighters prefight interviews and I changed my mind. War Kattar! Nothing personal to Max, but I hope Kattar pieces him up with crisp clean accurate. Hopefully Kattar has the gas tank and potential tdd/grappling defense to stay out of trouble

Kattar is likely the superior grappler of the two. He started as a wrestler and is about brown level in BJJ. He just doesn't get promoted much in bjj because he doesn't roll in the gi often, but I know people that he trains with an they all say he's essentially a brown belt and has submitted his share of brown belts.

Don't be surprised if it's Max who needs to defend from Calvin's grappling.

They're both listed as 5'11", I'm surprised Kattar looks so much shorter. Might be shoes and Max's puffy hair

Calvin is standing with his legs further apart and head a bit more forward where as max's legs are closer together, his head is straight up, and he's got that hair poof making him look taller. They're within an inch of eachother.

Last edited:
Hasn't taken too much damage? Really?
The only fight he took a lot of damage was the Poirier fight. He's a striker and his fights take place on the feet so he will get hit. He's never been dropped and never really been rocked too hard. Poirier wobbled him a couple of times. He shouldn't be fighting at LW.

Kattar is likely the superior grappler of the two. He started as a wrestler and is about brown level in BJJ. He just doesn't get promoted much in bjj because he doesn't roll in the gi often, but I know people that he trains with an they all say he's essentially a brown belt and has submitted his share of brown belts.

Don't be surprised if it's Max who needs to defend from Calvin's grappling.
I had no idea, that's good insight. Max said in one interview something along the lines of reminding people of his bjj skills in this fight

Max looking all GQ with that flowy hair I hate betting against Max but I've been liking Kattar for awhile now.

Max been living on the border of CTE city since Conor boxed up him. Then Poirier beat his head like a drum. Guy could be done as a top contender

Back