Face It UFCBT: Nick Diaz is a bigger draw than Ronda Rousey

Nick/GSP did better than Penn/GSP 2.

You guys done with the excuses?
And Diaz v Penn did less than a third of either of those fights. So, your point is?
GSP is the big draw. 3 fights: 1 featuring his opponents, low number. 2 fights with GSP fighting, high numbers.

Has Ronda ever done a big PPV? I doubt she ever does unless the the card has other PPV stars.

no, Ronda is still a bigger star.
She might be the biggest star UFC has right now

And Diaz v Penn did less than a third of either of those fights. So, your point is?
GSP is the big draw. 3 fights: 1 featuring his opponents, low number. 2 fights with GSP fighting, high numbers.

400k is a low number? If that's the case Ronda and Jon aren't draws either.

How many times do I have to post this until you retards actually acknowledge it?
Let's start off with the PPV buy rate everyone loves to discredit.

03/16/2013 UFC 158 GSP vs Diaz 950,000

11/16/2013 UFC 167 GSP vs Hendricks 630,000
11/17/2012 UFC 154 GSP vs. Condit 700,000
04/30/2011 UFC 129 GSP vs. Shields 800,000
12/11/2010 UFC 124 GSP vs. Koscheck 785,000
03/27/2010 UFC 111 GSP vs. Hardy 770,000
08/09/08 UFC 87 GSP / Lesnar 625,000

BUT BUT GSP WAS ON DA CARD!!! It is a coincidence that Nick vs GSP was easily GSP highest buyrate PPV he's had besides UFC 100? UFC 87 had Lesnar AND GSP on the card and Nick/GSP demolished those numbers.

Now let me point out the weak ass cards Nick was put on compared to others.
02/04/2012 UFC 143 Condit vs. Diaz 400,000

04/26/2014 UFC 172 Jones vs Teixeira 350,000
02/22/2014 UFC 170 Rousey vs McMann 340,000
03/15/2014 UFC 171 Hendricks vs Lawler 300,000
02/01/2014 UFC 169 Barao vs Faber II 230,000
09/21/2013 UFC 165 Jones vs Gustafsson 310,000
10/19/2013 UFC 166 Velasquez vs JDS III 330,000
08/31/2013 UFC 164 Henderson vs Pettis 270,000
08/03/2013 UFC 163 Aldo vs Jung 180,000
05/25/2013 UFC 160 Velasquez vs Bigfoot II 380,000
06/15/2013 UFC 161 Henderson vs Evans 140,000
02/02/2013 UFC 156 Aldo vs Edgar 330,000
07/21/2012 UFC 149 Faber vs. Barao 230,000
08/11/2012 UFC 150 Henderson v. Edgar II 190,000
06/23/2012 UFC 147 W. Silva vs. Franklin II 140,000
02/26/2012 UFC 144 Edgar vs. Henderson 325,000
01/14/2012 UFC 142 Aldo vs Mendes 215,000
11/19/2011 UFC 139 Henderson vs. Rua 290,000
10/08/2011 UFC 136 Edgar vs. Maynard III 225,000
07/02/2011 UFC 132 Cruz vs. Faber 320,000
08/06/2011 UFC 133 Evans vs. Ortiz 310,000
08/27/2011 UFC 134 Silva vs. Okami 335,000
05/28/2011 UFC 130 Rampage vs. Hamill 325,000
06/11/2011 UFC 131 Dos Santos vs. Carwin 330,000
02/27/2011 UFC 127 Penn vs. Fitch 260,000
01/01/2011 UFC 125 Edgar vs. Maynard II 260,000

Well by sherdogs standards Jones and Ronda aren't draws. I guess by the looks of this list nobody is a draw besides GSP and Lesnar according to sherdog. Not to mention Condit vs Diaz was a weak ass card compared to most of these cards.

Nick/GSP were both fighters highest headlining PPV buyrates, by a large margin. Not just Nick, BOTH FIGHTERS. It amazes me how all you guys ignore the fact that GSP/Diaz did 250k more buys than GSP usually gets.

It also shows your ignorance saying 400k is a low number. That proves you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Plus every card minus the GSP card that Nick was on was weak as shit.

Dude take your own advice and read my posts again because this is the 3rd time that I say that NICK DIAZ IS A DECENT DRAW

And the two year build up is not an excuse it's fact.

btw I'm a big Nick Diaz. I'm just not a blind nut hugger

When in the hell did I ever bring up anything about you saying Nick is a decent draw? You quoted me trying to discredit the GSP/Diaz buyrates and I'm merely responding to your posts. Again, comprehension is key.

BUT BUT 2 YEAR BUILD UP!! I wonder why people were paying attention to this fight for two years. It's like saying the reason Nick was a draw is because Nick is a draw.

Just so you know, if you're going to throw the word fact around make sure it's a fact. The build up was a year and a half, jesus christ.

Keep ignoring those numbers boys. Numbers don't lie.

Last edited:
400k is a low number? If that's the case Ronda and Jon aren't draws either.

How many times do I have to post this until you retards actually acknowledge it?
Go back and read what I posted.
"And Diaz v Penn did less than a third of either of those fights. So, your point is?
GSP is the big draw. 3 fights: 1 featuring his opponents, low number. 2 fights with GSP fighting, high numbers."

Penn v Diaz did 280,000 buys. That is a low number, even 22 of the 33 fights you posted did better buy wise.
Did I mention anything about the Diaz v Condit fight? No, I didn't. Work on your reading comprehension...

And GSP is still the draw, he is the one getting over 600000 buys for his fights. Not Diaz. Without GSP as an opponent, Diaz would be back to the 300k level.

Go back and read what I posted.
"And Diaz v Penn did less than a third of either of those fights. So, your point is?
GSP is the big draw. 3 fights: 1 featuring his opponents, low number. 2 fights with GSP fighting, high numbers."

Penn v Diaz did 280,000 buys. That is a low number, even 22 of the 33 fights you posted did better buy wise.
Did I mention anything about the Diaz v Condit fight? No, I didn't. Work on your reading comprehension...

And GSP is still the draw, he is the one getting over 600000 buys for his fights. Not Diaz. Without GSP as an opponent, Diaz would be back to the 300k level.

Are we really going to attempt to act like Penn/GSP 2 wasn't considered a superfight at the time? Are we really going to act like Penn/Diaz card wasn't terrible? Are we going to pretend that GSP always gets 950k buys when he doesn't?

The facts are the only PPV that George came close to selling as much as did for the Diaz fight was a SUPER FIGHT between not only the LW/WW champions but two of the most dominate fighters at the time. UFC 87 had Lesnar and GSP and merely broke 600k.

The truth is when GSP fought Nick it did 250k more than GSP usually gets and it's the most buys he's gotten headlining a card. That is a fact. It's a fact that when Nick/Condit did better than the last few Jones and Ronda cards. I'm sure that was Condit doing too though.

Yes GSP gets 600k when he fights, that proves my point. He got 950K with Nick. It goes both ways idiot. Without Nick there is no way GSP hits 950k headlining with ANY OTHER WW.

But yeah Nick would be back down to that 300k level when he hit that level with one of the worse cards in a long time. He would be at the level when he hit 400k with fucking Condit, who at the time was not a name at all.

And just so you know, I know George is a draw. You don't believe Nick is a draw dispute the evidence in your fucking face.

NUMBERS DONT LIE.
Jesus christ.

That was Nick's first fight in the UFC after having been gone for years. Penn was coming off a draw with Fitch and double losses to Edgar. That card also promised Condit and GSP which caused a vacuum.

Nick is a much bigger draw now.

I don't see any circumstances that RR could fight a legitimate top 10 peer in her division as a headliner and draw a million PPV buys. I say top 10 in her division because this excludes stunt bookings (like a 5 year retired actress coming off a loss) It's possible if she's anchored by some other big marquee fight but not with her as the feature.

Nick already has, and most certainly could, pull 7 figure buy rates as a headliner.
Yes it was clearly Diaz (not GSP) that pulled in a million buys.
/sarcasm

If Diaz is such a draw, why did Diaz/Condit only do 400k?

Yes it was clearly Diaz (not GSP) that pulled in a million buys.
/sarcasm

If Diaz is such a draw, why did Diaz/Condit only do 400k?

Only 400k, again thats how I know you don't know what you're talking about.

Last two Jones fights 310k 350k.
Last Ronda fight 340k,
PETTIS/HENDERSON 270K Hendricks/Lawler 300k

Again comprehension is key. Nobody said Nick pulled one million buys.
The reason why GSP/Nick did 950k was because of BOTH fighters being draws. Of course Nick isn't on GSPs drawing level but to act like the reason they pulled 250k more than what GSP usually pulls as merely as a coincidence is fucking idiotic.

I'm pulling out the evidence , numbers you can't dispute. All I'm getting in return is "BUT GSP MAN."

I'm sure Nick pulled Jones like numbers because of Condit too. Let me remind you this was a not very popular Condit, he's gotten much more popular since then.

Are we really going to attempt to act like Penn/GSP 2 wasn't considered a superfight at the time? Are we really going to act like Penn/Diaz card wasn't terrible? Are we going to pretend that GSP always gets 950k buys when he doesn't?

The facts are the only PPV that George came close to selling as much as did for the Diaz fight was a SUPER FIGHT between not only the LW/WW champions but two of the most dominate fighters at the time. UFC 87 had Lesnar and GSP and merely broke 600k.

The truth is when GSP fought Nick it did 250k more than GSP usually gets and it's the most buys he's gotten headlining a card. That is a fact. It's a fact that when Nick/Condit did better than the last few Jones and Ronda cards. I'm sure that was Condit doing too though.

Yes GSP gets 600k when he fights, that proves my point. He got 950K with Nick. It goes both ways idiot. Without Nick there is no way GSP hits 950k headlining with ANY OTHER WW.

But yeah Nick would be back down to that 300k level when he hit that level with one of the worse cards in a long time. He would be at the level when he hit 400k with fucking Condit, who at the time was not a name at all.

And just so you know, I know George is a draw. You don't believe Nick is a draw dispute the evidence in your fucking face.

NUMBERS DONT LIE.
Jesus christ.
If Diaz was such a draw he would have drawn in more fans for the Diaz v Penn fight; he was the headliner, it only did 280k buys. But go ahead, blame the other fights not the headliner, the guy you say is such a draw.

As for UFC 87 "merely breaking 600k", it did 625k which is 156% of Diaz v Condit.

Yes, GSP is the draw when he fights.
Yes, numbers don't lie. Without GSP in the picture Diaz is 400k and 280k buys.
And now he is a fighter that hasn't fought in over one year, hasn't won a fight in 2 years & 6 months. And that was against an opponent that is now fighting at 145lbs. How are those numbers for you?

Why would potential ppv customers be interested in a card headlined by Diaz? Why would he draw the attention of casual fans?
Advertise his last win was over 30 months ago against a now featherweight?
His two wins before that were against guys that are now out of the UFC? (as if the UFC is going to acknowledge other promotions)
That his last win against a fighter currently on the UFC roster was in 2010?

What exactly makes him a draw now?

That's cool. Which part of Fast & Furious 7 or The Expendables does Nick play in? I havent seen him in any of the previews. Must be a surprise guest.

Nick makes one more iphone video while driving and hes back in business!!!

If Diaz was such a draw he would have drawn in more fans for the Diaz v Penn fight; he was the headliner, it only did 280k buys. But go ahead, blame the other fights not the headliner, the guy you say is such a draw.

As for UFC 87 "merely breaking 600k", it did 625k which is 156% of Diaz v Condit.

Yes, GSP is the draw when he fights.
Yes, numbers don't lie. Without GSP in the picture Diaz is 400k and 280k buys.
And now he is a fighter that hasn't fought in over one year, hasn't won a fight in 2 years & 6 months. And that was against an opponent that is now fighting at 145lbs. How are those numbers for you?

Why would potential ppv customers be interested in a card headlined by Diaz? Why would he draw the attention of casual fans?
Advertise his last win was over 30 months ago against a now featherweight?
His two wins before that were against guys that are now out of the UFC? (as if the UFC is going to acknowledge other promotions)
That his last win against a fighter currently on the UFC roster was in 2010?

What exactly makes him a draw now?

I just watched you compare a card with LESNAR AND GSP to Condit/Diaz with the rest of the card being shit.

Man you truly are an idiot. Notice how you ignore GSP/Diaz and then compare Condit/Diaz to LESNAR AND GSP ON ONE CARD then point out Penn/Diaz, which had Condit/GSP as it's real main event, and the only reason Nick/Penn headlined was because GSP got injured? And yet they still manged to pull nearly the same numbers GUS/JONES did.

So by your logic, Gus/Jones aren't stars either right? I mean 310k for a card that was schduled months in advance with TWO title fights on it, and they only pulled 310k. They must not be draws either by your logic.
And now you're talking about wins like that has any relevance at all on the topic we are currently discussing. What made you so upset at Nick that you had to insult him in another way that is irrelevant to the conversation? Did he fuck your mother or something? You made your dig at Nick, are you happy now?

The only thing matters about drawing power is how many PPVs you sale. Brock Lesnar was 3-1 with wins over heath hearing, a LHW, and Min Soo Kim when he broke the UFCs record for PPV buys.

Am I suppose to take you seriously?

I just watched you compare a card with LESNAR AND GSP to Condit/Diaz with the rest of the card being shit.

Man you truly are an idiot. Notice how you ignore GSP/Diaz and then compare Condit/Diaz to LESNAR AND GSP ON ONE CARD then point out Penn/Diaz, which had Condit/GSP as it's real main event, and the only reason Nick/Penn headlined was because GSP got injured? And yet they still manged to pull nearly the same numbers GUS/JONES did.

So by your logic, Gus/Jones aren't stars either right? I mean 310k for a card that was schduled months in advance with TWO title fights on it, and they only pulled 310k. They must not be draws either by your logic.
And now you're talking about wins like that has any relevance at all on the topic we are currently discussing. What made you so upset at Nick that you had to insult him in another way that is irrelevant to the conversation? Did he fuck your mother or something? You made your dig at Nick, are you happy now?

The only thing matters about drawing power is how many PPVs you sale. Brock Lesnar was 3-1 with wins over heath hearing, a LHW, and Min Soo Kim when he broke the UFCs record for PPV buys.

Am I suppose to take you seriously?
I'm just using the numbers you are using, don't blame me if they don't tell the story you wish they did. The real question is why should anyone take you or any other Diaz fanboys seriously?

Penn v Diaz was the headliner, you're the one trying to argue that there was another fight actually was the main event. Diaz had his shot as a co-headliner and put up 280k buys.
I did mention GSP v Diaz; GSP was the draw. He proved it by being the one that gets over 600k buys when he fights.
Diaz in the main event without GSP: 280k & 400k.

This isn't about Jon Jones, Lesnar or any other fighter. This is about Diaz being the big draw you are implying he is.

Records and recent fights do matter when factoring in who is a draw. Why would people pay to watch a headliner that hasn't fought in over a year and hasn't won in over 30 months?
What makes Diaz a draw now?
Yeah, you keep on with he is the biggest draw though. Keep up with the fallacies and personal attacks because that is about all you have.

Diaz vs Penn 280,000
Diaz vs Condit 400,000

Rousey vs Carmouche 500,000
Rousey vs McMann 340,000

Rousey vs Carmouche first womens fight its obviously going to do good.

ohh diaz vs gsp 1 million

Only 400k, again thats how I know you don't know what you're talking about.

Last two Jones fights 310k 350k.
Last Ronda fight 340k,
PETTIS/HENDERSON 270K Hendricks/Lawler 300k

Again comprehension is key. Nobody said Nick pulled one million buys.
The reason why GSP/Nick did 950k was because of BOTH fighters being draws. Of course Nick isn't on GSPs drawing level but to act like the reason they pulled 250k more than what GSP usually pulls as merely as a coincidence is fucking idiotic.

I'm pulling out the evidence , numbers you can't dispute. All I'm getting in return is "BUT GSP MAN."

I'm sure Nick pulled Jones like numbers because of Condit too. Let me remind you this was a not very popular Condit, he's gotten much more popular since then.

I notice you avoid mentioning the Jones/Rashad fight right around the same time. Why is that? Is it because it blows that 400k out of the water?

400k is NOT a good number. It's not a horrible number but it's hardly top tier either.

People act like Diaz should be talked about alongside the big draws when really the only time he's had great numbers is against the guy who's sold more PPVs than anyone in UFC history.

For me, he is. I would watch any of his fight gladly.

Hate him or not, he is a fucking draw and ufc guys are blind to not see that.

They are begging for some PPV views while ignoring this fact..

It's really not even all that close.
People generally either love Diaz or hate him. Both sides watch, and either root for him or against him. It's tough to find a neutral on Diaz. As much of a 'headache' he may seem to be to outsiders, he is a salesman. He's a lot like Chael but they appeal to the exact opposite groups and repulse the exact opposite groups. But they both always be sellin.
As for Ronda, from 90% of what I read on here, people either love Ronda or ignore her, because they seem to think they know what's coming. It'd help for her to have an epic career defining fight. She's like a 2 minute pop song that some fans are starting to get sick of seeing.
That said, she's still a really good draw in the way Lesnar was, probably bringing buys from segments they didn't have access to before. a great draw and a great front-person to promote and for these reasons, and I totally get why they allow her to duck Cyborg, the same exact way that Tito doesn't get it, and hitched himself to that MMA station-wagon.
But Ronda's not close to the salesman Nick is. Dana can just stand back and let the main event promote itself with Diaz on Board. Ronda sells some but is at her best just being herself, not trying to do too much.

lol 90%. when you don't have any facts or supporting evidence, the 90% that you quote is nothing more than an imaginary percentage that is convenient for you to use to support your case that diaz is a bigger draw than rousey.

you would make a more compelling case if you had used a poll to take a sample on whether diaz is a bigger draw than rousey, rather than, using a fake imaginary percentage. lol.

I'm not comparing Ronda and Nick, comprehension is key.

The premise of this entire thread is comparing the drawing power of Nick and Ronda, so when people reference that comparison, you ought not to be surprised.

Nick was certainly a draw against GSP. He had Georges so riled up Georges was talking about going to his dark place. Lol. (I know I for one thought GSP was going to come out like a savage and prove a point. He did make points, but not the kind I expected.)

Back