Face It UFCBT: Nick Diaz is a bigger draw than Ronda Rousey

That was Nick's first fight in the UFC after having been gone for years. Penn was coming off a draw with Fitch and double losses to Edgar. That card also promised Condit and GSP which caused a vacuum.

Nick is a much bigger draw now.

I don't see any circumstances that RR could fight a legitimate top 10 peer in her division as a headliner and draw a million PPV buys. I say top 10 in her division because this excludes stunt bookings (like a 5 year retired actress coming off a loss) It's possible if she's anchored by some other big marquee fight but not with her as the feature.

Nick already has, and most certainly could, pull 7 figure buy rates as a headliner.

how is Nick a bigger draw now? all he has done is lose and not fight.

No numbers to support claim, but let's play...

play with what? it doesn't matter because he doesn't fight anymore, only his fans remember he exsists and try to do the PR for him.

That's cool. Which part of Fast & Furious 7 or The Expendables does Nick play in? I havent seen him in any of the previews. Must be a surprise guest.

That's cause Nick Diaz doesn't have sex appeal...or charisma...or an ability to articulate ideas. Buuuuut, he's one of the most polarizing figures in the sport. He's must see TV, especially because he fights the way people like to see people fight. He goes toe to toe with everybody. Ronda makes housewives watch MMA though, so I dunno.

Diaz did 280k vs BJ, Ronda did 340k and 450k in her main events.

Ronda is a bigger draw.

Nick is fun to watch and the media likes him cause of the weird press conferences and stuff but Ronda is def the bigger draw.

Oh please, Winter Olympics vs. the one day a year women dress up as sluts?
That isn't true.
Halloween parties are held over multiple days every year and clubs are open year around.
Also parties are a good place to order a ppv event, another entertainment for guests.
And the Winter Olympics took over TV, most competing networks defaulted to airing repeats.

If Diaz is such a draw why aren't other organizations aggressively trying to sign him? Sign him to a fight and get that big PPV money.

If Diaz is such a draw why aren't other organizations aggressively trying to sign him? Sign him to a fight and get that big PPV money.

I don't know whats worse, me responding to your post or you being a member of this forum since 2002 and still have no idea how the MMA world works.

how is Nick a bigger draw now? all he has done is lose and not fight.

This. The original post is stuck in a time warp and hovering around the year 2010. In the here and now, Nick has only lost, lost interest in fighting, and made a few amusing comments.

Jarl

Even if this was true, then it would make his decision to not fight that much worse. He is basically flushing money down the toilet. And his draw power is most likely going to keep declining at this point so long as he stays inactive. If and when he comes back, it may be way too late. And no matter what happens, he has drastically lowered his lifetime standard of living. He has already cost himself several huge paydays. No raise or title shot can possibly come close to making up for the money already lost by sitting out. He had several opportunities to be gifted a top contender which probably would have resulted in a title shot. Just like any raise Nate wanted, even if he got it now which he won't, wouldn't be close to making up the money he already lost by turning down fights. The guy has been a bonus machine. He has probably lost a few hundred grand potentially already. It is just impossible to follow their 'logic'

And regardless of how big a standalone draw Ronda may be, her bank account makes it irrelevant. She is the epitome of maximizing an opportunity. My guess is that she is already set for life whereas in 5 years you will probably see the government auctioning off siezed assets from the Diaz brothers to cover a tax debt. So what's the point of the comparison other than to show how some people can spin straw into gold while others with a much easier path managed to self-destruct?

Great job on the evidence it really supports your argument.

Go look at the live gate from her last fight and compare that to the live gates for UFC PPV events held in Las Vegas going back to, I don't know, maybe ever.

If Diaz was anywhere near the draw his fans delude themselves into thinking he is, the ufc would have considered bringing him back for what he asks for.

He simply doesn't want to fight and they don't need him, get over it

I would choose to see Nick Diaz fight Hendricks or whoever, over Ronda vs whoever.

lol, the retired fighter is going to do 7 figures the moment he comes back? Says the people with Diaz avatars? Why can't you people just let the man retire in peace? Find another weed addict to idolize or something.

The fact that you're pulling a Cyborg by attaching his name to Ronda just makes this sadder.

I would prefer to watch rousey any day. I hope I never see another fight either Diaz brother.

Diaz vs Penn 280,000
Diaz vs Condit 400,000

Rousey vs Carmouche 500,000
Rousey vs McMann 340,000

Go look at the live gate from her last fight and compare that to the live gates for UFC PPV events held in Las Vegas going back to, I don't know, maybe ever.

No, I didn't write the original post so the burden of evidence is not on me.

TS says Nick's a bigger draw but used no facts to support his claim instead relying on the same drivel the few remaining (but very vocal) Diaz fans keep on spouting.

Nick hasn't fought in over a year. He fought once in 2012 and once in 2013 and hasn't posted a win since 2011. Other than the fight with Georges he's not shown to be a ppv draw of noteworthy proportions.

Read TS's OP again it seems that he has mistaken the vocal Diaz fans on Sherdog as his basis for nick being a draw instead of any real evidence.

Back