Fabricio Werdum returns to face Oleinik

I was impressed with Hunts WWE skills vs Oleynik
While Hunt has declined, it was still impressive how he won. He stood in the pocket, traded with the heavy hitting Hunt and got the job done.
Obviously it wasn't the Hunt that KO'd Struve and went to war with Bigfoot but this also isn't the Werdum who beat Cain and this is the Werdum who gassed against Volkov

oleynik via twsitaaaa. ko would be fine too. fuck verdoom.

Its too bad that Werdum and Barnett never got to fight each other

Some bones are breaking on this night thats for sure

Why did I think he was USADAd or something of that nature and decided to leave the UFC and go to russia/asia not long ago? i'm going insane

Oh no.. I favor Fabricio in this one. I think he win this.

I'm just thinking going forward against fresh matchups. Ngannou, Blaydes, Jairzinho, Black Beast...
I could honestly see him winning or losing all those but I'd pick him over Jariz and beast but probably not ngannou or blaydes but wouldn't be shocked if he beat them

I know rankings wise it makes zero sense, but id love to see blaydes vs werdum

Great fight and curious how Werdum will look after layoff.
I hope covington will be on the same card with Werdum i want to see him eat another boomerang
<{outtahere}>
I think he will look ok but........ quite out of shape, a bit tubby. I don't know how hard he's gonna be training but I remember him looking quite pudgy for 1 or 2 of his UFC fights before he got suspended for positive PED-test.

This has to be the oldest combined age fight ever in the UFC right? 84 years old combined?

I'm trying to think who else would have been old and fighting. Randy but most of his opponents were younger. Royce fought Hughes when Royce was old but Hughes was still youngish.

I'm sure there's been one, but I can't think of it.

The funny thing is that at 42 they aren't as terrible as you would expect. This isn't like Tito vs Chuck 3.

I was really pissed at Werdum when he tapped Fedor... FairPlay, but I couldn’t bring myself to dislike the man, the myth, the Troll face
GleamingDifficultIndianrockpython-small.gif

But when he gave us this jem all was forgivinen
DemandingAbleFrigatebird-size_restricted.gif

WARDOOM
<{jackyeah}>

I'd pay PPV $$ to see Werdum fight that clown.

I hope that they grapple.

Why did I think he was USADAd or something of that nature and decided to leave the UFC and go to russia/asia not long ago? i'm going insane

No I’m pretty sure something like that happened. I remember that.

Edit: via Wikipedia...

Werdum was expected to face Alexey Oleynik on 15 September 2018 at UFC Fight Night 136.[54]However on 22 May, Fabrício Werdum was flagged for a potential USADA doping violation.[55] In September 2018 it was revealed that the substance in question was trenbolone and as a result he was suspended from competition for 2 years.[56] He will be eligible to return in May 2020.[57] Having two fights left in his contract, Werdum announced that he has requested for a release from the UFC.[58]Werdum 2 years suspension was reduced 10 months for substantial assistance.[59]

No I’m pretty sure something like that happened. I remember that.

Edit: via Wikipedia...

Werdum was expected to face Alexey Oleynik on 15 September 2018 at UFC Fight Night 136.[54]However on 22 May, Fabrício Werdum was flagged for a potential USADA doping violation.[55] In September 2018 it was revealed that the substance in question was trenbolone and as a result he was suspended from competition for 2 years.[56] He will be eligible to return in May 2020.[57] Having two fights left in his contract, Werdum announced that he has requested for a release from the UFC.[58]Werdum 2 years suspension was reduced 10 months for substantial assistance.[59]

Thank you!

So another snitch? I love to see him back though. He must've deemed it more profitable in the end to wait it out and come back to the UFC then.

This has to be the oldest combined age fight ever in the UFC right? 84 years old combined?

I'm trying to think who else would have been old and fighting. Randy but most of his opponents were younger. Royce fought Hughes when Royce was old but Hughes was still youngish.

Couture vs Coleman

Back