Fabricio Werdum happy to welcome Jon Jones to heavyweight

I had no idea beating Cormier at LHW would mean that Jones would beat every HW.....On DC's win list I don't see Cain, Werdum, JDS, Browne, Reem, Hunt...etc

Why is it that beating DC in a decision means he would beat every HW? Even ones not named Cain.

I hope JJ stays put...if he did want to venture up, I'm sure he wouldn't fight any of those guys mentioned due to the UFC protecting their product, not because of Jones himself.

Those that say Jones would win easily, are obviously nuthuggers.
Werdum is a legit match up for any current Heavyweight. I put him in the top 3.
I would not say either wins easily. Both have a skill set that creates a problem for the other guy.
Jones would need to use his speed , TD defense and quickness. If Werdum puts him against the cage or gets him on the ground, Jones would be in a place he does not want to be.
I would pay to watch that fight.

Close fight if Jones gain some weight, but Werdum would obviously be the favorite
His strikeing is better than Jones.

Btw, for those who talks about Jones cardio, yes he beat DC with it.
But at 240lbs, which he would need to be his cardio will suffer.

Close fight if Jones gain some weight, but Werdum would obviously be the favorite
His strikeing is better than Jones.

Btw, for those who talks about Jones cardio, yes he beat DC with it.
But at 240lbs, which he would need to be his cardio will suffer.

Wow I have a hard time believing you guys really understand what you're watching.

Jones wouldn't need to be 240. He's around 220-225 when he walks into the cage at LHW. He could come in at 230-235 and probably have BETTER cardio since he'd still be in shape but not have to worry about a weight cut and rehydrating.

If you'd favor Werdum I hope there would be a LOT of people like you all betting on him to improve my odds when I bet Jones. Werdum has decent power but he doesn't hit like a truck. Jones could for sure get on the inside where his superior functional strength, leverage, and clinch game would be too much for Werdum to handle. Werdum would have almost zero chance to get Jones to the mat, he'd be held against the cage and hammered with short elbows for most of the fight.

I agree Werdum is a top 3-5 HW for sure, but stylistically he matches up horribly with Jones.

Back