Fabricio Werdum happy to welcome Jon Jones to heavyweight

Long live Werdum - greatest UFC HW champion of all time.

Would definitely pay to see that fight.

What a stupid way to spar, look at shogun/wand etc, clearly its not the way to do it.

Now Werdum is definitely one heavyweight I could see beating Jones. That would be a good fight!

What I would give to see Werdum be known for taking on two MMA giants considered untouchable MMA gods and cutting both of them down at the knees.

Werdum subs JBJ in less than a minute

He didn't submit Browne or Hunt, yet he's going to sub a great MMA wrestler who has subbed two BJJ black belts himself? The fight wouldn't go to the ground unless Jones wants to go there. Most likely, he'd do what Overeem did--toss Werdum down a few times but remain on his feet.

It's funny I think Bones could whoop FW. And would be his easiest rout to being hw champ.

What a stupid way to spar, look at shogun/wand etc, clearly its not the way to do it.

Well Werdum, Wanderlei and Shogun are either champions or former champions so they must be doing something right.

He didn't submit Browne or Hunt, yet he's going to sub a great MMA wrestler who has subbed two BJJ black belts himself? The fight wouldn't go to the ground unless Jones wants to go there. Most likely, he'd do what Overeem did--toss Werdum down a few times but remain on his feet.

No he just beat those 2 at their own game... Also, you're not really comparing those two to Werdum when it comes to BJJ right? if so... SMH

Werdum beats jones right now, but jones is goi g to wait a few years to move up,

I think Jones wins this 9 times outta 10.

Faster, better striker, better wrestler, better cardio. Werdums only chance is on the ground, and it's not going there unless Jon wants it to.

Jones wouldn't have those same abilities against a 240 lb elite HW.
Werdum could possibly take him down or pull guard. Werdum is also a tall man.

It's not the same guy when he moves up a weight class. People don't understand that. Like the folks who used to think GSP could control any MW...

Jon would destroy werdum. Probably his easiest top 5 he fight. He could easily control him in the clinch and against the cage and fuck him up dirty boxing. Werdum has no way to get him to the ground or anyway to keep from being clinched up

Back