Fabricio Camoes

The Reed

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
No offence to the guy but whenever the UFC need to give a top ranked lightweight a win they seem to call up this guy. He's never earned tough fights like Maynard, Miller or even Guillard. I'm thinking either he's the only fighter ballsy enough to step up or UFC really don't like him. Even with two brutal losses in a row, this is a clear gimmie fight for Maynard.

if maynard loses...retire immediately. no disrespect to camoes, but maynard SHOULD beat him

he gave Melvin a decent fight. he's one of those guys who has only lost to legit top guys. maynard has had a very tough road since he was the top LW contender and I think this is the perfect fight for him. camoes hasn't been TKO'd in a 14 years, and i'm not sure gray has the ground game to tap him. gray will have to work hard for 15 minutes; his wrestling will need to be sharp, especially if he finds himself in trouble.

Maynard is getting KOd. Camoes was tagging Miller up in the standup.

Maynards only 3 losses have come in his last 4 fights via stoppage due to strikes.

In the Sherdog world that means he may as well kill himself, but the UFC being a merciful god has granted him the opportunity to regain some confidence and rightfully so.

If Camoes finishes him then....well, the slide may be more than a confidence issue.

All Camoes needs to do is the same thing Rogers did to Arlovski. Just move straight forward throwing bombs. If Maynard gets tagged he can put him away.

Back