Fabio Maldonado Will Be A Top 10 MW

Doesn't matter how big of a warrior you are, when James McSweeney is your only win in the UFC in almost 2.5 years, it doesn't scream like potential top 10 to me

Not to mention McSweeney was dominating the first before he gassed in the 2nd round.

Lmao Sherdog never ceases to amaze me, so now that he could take punishment like that from Teixiera he can hang with Anderson. GTFO...

This. Bonnar had never been finished in his entire career and Silva made it look pedestrian. It would just be more of that especially with Fabio's terrible defense.

i don't think so. MW div is filled with more athletic fighters compared to the LHW div imo. he's good where he's at.

He has already said he is dropping, he is going to do very well. Everyone thought Brian Stann and Tim Boetsch were going to get wrecked at MW too, and they both have done very well.

At MW yes. Look at Stann, dude has some solid striking but was never going to be much at LHW. Drops to MW and starts knocking dudes the fuck out.

Stann was the former WEC LHW champ and had two wins in a row before getting the shit grappled out of him by Phil the middleweight contender maker Davis. Boetsch was on a 4 fight win streak, including a UFC win (and sporting a solid 3-2 UFC record) before he got his turn being pounded by Davis. Maldonado in on a three fight losing streak and 1-3 in the UFC, and he's been getting the shit beaten out of him by strikers, rather than just dominated by stronger grapplers. I see no similarity between the situations.

After the beating he endured from a much bigger fighter I wouldnt be opposed to seeing how well he handled Andersons attacks. Dude is tough as fucking nails.

Bonnar's toughness didn't help him against Silva.
Neither did Griffins.
or Chris Leben, Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort.
All of these fighters are probably skill wise better than Maldonado

if he gets the wrestling down, he can get in the top 10 easy.
it was scary against glover. those shot would kill alot of people, just imagine getting hit over and over again.

and he still wobbled glover.

if glover was someone who gases, maldanado would have kept going

you cant really say stann has so much more tools than maldanado. and stann is a great fighter at middleweight, not so great at lightheavy.
he trains with alot of great guys at blackhouse, so maybe one day he can crack top 10

I love watching Maldonado fight but he is limited. Even with good style matchups (pre Teixeira) he looked quite flawed. Very entertaining fighter but he isn't top 10 type talent.

He's top 5 of all time of guys that lose bullshit decisions. Should have been undefeated going into that complete beatdown by Glover. He won't be top 10 but he's awesome and so fun to watch. One of my favourite fighters all time.

He's top 5 of all time of guys that lose bullshit decisions. Should have been undefeated going into that complete beatdown by Glover. He won't be top 10 but he's awesome and so fun to watch. One of my favourite fighters all time.

Not even close. No way he lost to Kingsbu, and the Pokrajac fight could have gone either way. Neither were BS decisions.

This guy is a warrior. Insane chin, awesome hands, and the spirit of 11 dragons. Mw will be a great division for him. I give him the edge over guys like Leben, Carmont, Munoz, Camozzi, Mcgee, Ring, Sakara, etc. Im not sure how he will do against top guys (Bisping, Belcher, Belfort, etc) but I think he will for sure be a top 10 MW.

I like Maldonado but taking all that damage is going to shorten his career.

He has no head movement or footwork. No, probably not.

Sherdog logic = All rejected LHWs will become top 10 middleweights.

just cause he could take a beating dont make him good at mw

Maldonado has shit defence and against the Spider his nose would be on the other side of his face and his blank eyes would be stairing at the lights. TS think before typing!

No, but it definitely happens.

Take Stann, Munoz, and Sonnen for instance.

And Tim. It does happen and middleweight is probably the best example, but my point is a lot of people automatically assume dropping a weight class with miraculously fix all of a fighters problems.

Back