Fabio Maldonado 'embarrassed' by quick knockout loss to Stipe Miococ

So he gets a free pass because he gets hit in the head a lot? Maybe he should actually go in with a game plan for once.

People gave Stipe too much grief for that loss to Struve. Struve is a good fuckin fighter. He could give most HWs problems on a given day.

The matchmakers should be embarrased for this, late replacement or not.

he was 225, stipe was 238, 13 pound difference, or 6 kilos, which is less then division gaps

Ah, never mind. Could have sweared i heard 205, but i see it was 225 now.

PeacefulHealthyFrog.gif

There you go, man.

that gif is the entire fight, LOL

He should thank Stipe for making it quick and not delivering additional dragged out brain damage.

So he gets a free pass because he gets hit in the head a lot? Maybe he should actually go in with a game plan for once.

Getting hit in the head for 3 rounds was his stated gameplan.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/cont...l-put-miocic-qthrough-hellq-in-five-round-war

"I'm gonna beat him up. I'm gonna kick his ass," he claims. "I can withstand his punishment in the first three rounds, but he is gonna go through hell with me in the last two. He is going to be miserable by the fourth round, and I'm sure this fight will last all five rounds."

Poor Fab, the Glover beatdown and now this... If he really got cut then that'll be the cherry on the cake.

Brawldonado deserves all the props for being a tough motherfucker. Don't be ashamed, man.

He stepped up on short notice to fight someone a division above him... he has a lot of balls. He shouldn't be embarrassed.

He shouldn't be embarrassed but he should never fight at HW again. He gets hit very easily for a good boxer, and he cant rely on his chin against guys as big and hard-hitting as HWs.

I honestly thought if Glover couldn't knock him out then Stipe had no chance..

a lot of people thought that, but after the fight everyone acts like Stipe is prime Foreman and Maldonado a guy that was getting KOed on a regular basis at LHW

I really don't know why the fight was stopped. Fabio was working clearly and diligently on his game plan when the ref decided to step in. One of the most blatant early stoppages that I've ever seen. He could have turtled it out in fetal position until round four...and then whaaam!I had Fabio winning the fight up until the early ref stoppage and I demand my money back from the ref! Yes, I bet on Fabio...of course.

It looks like his chin has been going for a while now. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Why should he be embarrassed for having grapefruit sized brass balls?

If anyone should be embarrassed, it's Dana White and Joe Silva.

With a stronger overall card, you wouldn't need a freak show main event.

Fabio is freaking awesome regardless and has incredible heart. Even the majority of sherdog reflects that. I've only seen a few nerds be hard on him for the loss. Most people consider the circumstances and are thankful he stepped up.

Back