Fabio Maldonado 'embarrassed' by quick knockout loss to Stipe Miococ

he should be embarrassed. not like he got outgrappled by a heavier guy, he got beaten up in a striking exchange with ease.

You know it's sad when an entire fight can be shown in GIF form.

I like Maldonado and I give him credit for at least trying to step up and save the card or whatever but... yeah, he should be embarrassed. It would've been better for everyone involved if there had been no fight at all than what we got.

Ahhh man. That dude stepped up BIG TIME. Sucks he feels embarrassed.

guess he'll try to keep his hands up more from now on?

id be embarrassed too, it looked like he just showed up for a paycheck

I applaud the guy for taking the fight and showing that warrior spirit. Nobody wants to lose like that. Understand why he feels that way, but nobody looks at the dude any differently now. Still a warrior.

Should have moved your head a little more when you know your opponent hits harder than you.

Fabio Moldanado has nothing to be embarrassed about. Going up a weight class to fight a much bigger man on short notice isn't exactly cowardly.

Can't wait to see him back in the octagon.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/1/5770072/tuf-brazil-3-finale-results-fabio-maldonado-embarrassed-knockout-loss-stipe-miocic-mma

Fabio Maldonado, via the UFC: "I am really embarassed, I have never lost a fight like this before." Well, damn.

This is what happens with gym wars, long careers, and guys who think rope a dope is still a viable strategy in MMA. His chin is gone, and I bet over the next couple fights if he keeps fighting you'll see him get hurt a lot easier.

Nothing to be embarrassed about, everybody knew the fight was a farce and wondered how it was even sanctioned

nothing to be embarrassed, I pooped my pants at work now that's embarrassing.

if stipe wanted, the fight would be over after thefirst exchange, but I don't know why he held back.

Stipe said that it was because he thought Fabio might have been playing possum since he knows he can take a lot of punishment.

Edit: Beat me to it above.

Last edited:
Fabio's bum crushing boxing record really showed in this fight. Throwing whiffing punches then getting floored. Stipe's size never got a chance to factor into the fight. He's just a better boxer period!

Back