Fabio Maldonado 'embarrassed' by quick knockout loss to Stipe Miococ

I know pride wise he'd rather be a punching bag for 8 minutes instead of 8 seconds but his brain is kind of thankful it went this way.

It's okay Fabio. Nothing to be embarrassed about. You stepped up against an arguably top 5 HW on almost no notice.

Yeah I haven't seen the fight but thats a bummer. I wanted him to win lol

He shouldn't be. Was the first time in my life (about stipe) I've ever seen someone walk out and think "damn, this is going to be quick"

Went as expected but shorter, heart pride and respect was gained well before he even accepted the fight

Well, he did look like a helpless little kid fighting a man.

Poor Homer, much love to the big lug but he took a heavyweight fight on short notice against a good striker in Stipe and I can't be the only one to think Fabio is a doughy LHW who can probably go to 185.

Yeah I haven't seen the fight but thats a bummer. I wanted him to win lol

PeacefulHealthyFrog.gif

There you go, man.

He is a professional, of course he is embarrassed.

if stipe wanted, the fight would be over after thefirst exchange, but I don't know why he held back.

He much prefers to spend several minutes allowing unanswered shots to his skull.

I'd be more embarrassed if I worked at CABMMA for sanctioning the fight in the first place. This match made Tito/Storm seem totally rational. Yes, it was a short notice fight, and he should be given credit for stepping up, but the guy could probably make 185 with a small water cut and the same muscle mass if he just dieted a little. Stipe's not 265, but he's one of the leanest HWs fighting right now. If Fabio were a little leaner, there'd probably be 40 pounds between them.

And unlike Storm/Tito, Stipe's the ranked fighter, and Fabio was moving up to fight him, not the other way around.

I honestly thought if Glover couldn't knock him out then Stipe had no chance..

Murilo Rua against Sergei was the bravest effort in MMA history.

Fabio has nothing to be embarassed about, he's a 205 trying to take a bite out of a HW and no one expected much more from him. Jon Jones would get tooled by Stipe quite easily as well.

if stipe wanted, the fight would be over after thefirst exchange, but I don't know why he held back.

He did start fighting a bit safe lately. He could have KOd Nelson too but stopped throwing and took a step back.

Murilo Rua against Sergei was the bravest effort in MMA history.

That fight was such brutality. Sergei ragdolled him like a child and gave him brain damage.

Back