Faber vs Aljo?

sssleeper

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I think that of the topped ranked guys Aljo is the highest chance of a win for Faber.

Maybe Faber vs Aljo while Cejudo defends his FLW crown against Joe B.

For the record I still think Aljo wins. But I can see UFC wanting to try and get Faber into the mix.

Faber looked very very slow against Simon. He can still pull the trigger and he still has power as he always did so he isn't shot by any means. However Sterling would light him up with the kind of speed and reach advantage he has. It would be a great fight if Faber was 33 but at 40 it would be an execution. Have Faber fight Dodson if we need to give him someone ranked higher. Both old dogs on the decline but still competant.

Faber looked very very slow against Simon. He can still pull the trigger and he still has power as he always did so he isn't shot by any means. However Sterling would light him up with the kind of speed and reach advantage he has. It would be a great fight if Faber was 33 but at 40 it would be an execution. Have Faber fight Dodson if we need to give him someone ranked higher. Both old dogs on the decline but still competant.

Agree 100%, he has no business fighting the top of the division. If I were him, I'd be looking to rematch Barao.

Agree 100%, he has no business fighting the top of the division. If I were him, I'd be looking to rematch Barao.

That's not a bad idea at all. Barao is beyond shot at this point so if he wants to keep fighting give him an older guy where the fight actually means something to his legacy. Honestly he shouldn't even be in the UFC anymore as he's 2 and 7 in his last 9 fights but fighters are big boys and understand the risk. If he wants to keep going far be it for me to tell him to stop.

0700F74D-A436-451D-9C8C-F0856C488246.gif
Dude, faber is on a 2 fight win streak, hasn’t been defeated in 3 years. Clearly he has more than earned a title shot.

Dude, faber is on a 2 fight win streak, hasn’t been defeated in 3 years. Clearly he has more than earned a title shot.

May the circle be unbroken! Let's make Faber's all time record for title fight losses completely unassailable. Lmao

Watch Faber/Rivera then Sterling/Rivera. It wouldn't be competitive. Sterling is way too slick and technical for him.

I would legit be shocked if Fabre landed clean on Aljo over 6 times

I think Faber would be the better grappler and Aljo would oblige like he did against Carraway.

I think Dodson KOs Faber actually. Simon rocked Faber early. Dodson could do worse.

With Cejudo out for a while with his shoulder, Aljo vs Faber makes sense. Gives Al a very winnable fight, against a name, and then more momentum heading into a title shot. If somehow Faber wins, then a Faber ts doesn't seem stupid.

Aljo would fuck up Faber's legs very quickly. I hope they do make this fight. Easy money

Given Faber's popularity, I wouldn't be surprised if he were to get a title shot.
Hardcore's would hate for this to happen, but if the UFC thinks it will bring in viewers I could see them doing it.

Aljo impressed the hell out of me last fight.

With Cejudo out for a while with his shoulder, Aljo vs Faber makes sense. Gives Al a very winnable fight, against a name, and then more momentum heading into a title shot. If somehow Faber wins, then a Faber ts doesn't seem stupid.

Leapfrogging an entire division just cause he beat a no-name guy? Come on dude, none of that makes any sense. It is all predicated on Faber still being somewhat popular. Matching him up with the top of the division would be a mistake for everyone involved.

They should do this. Give Aljo a big name to build himself up off of.

Back