Faber retires today, and he's not even the co-main event

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a discussion they all had and he ASKED for her to headline. That's the kinda guy he is, always looking out for his friends and TAM partners

tumblr_lz8og3YmQV1qzmh83o1_500.gif

I find it disgraceful that the California kid is retiring today, in California, and he's not headlining the event... How do you feel about having PVZ and Sage stealing Faber's spotlight?
They made the right choice.

Faber is a cool dude, maybe he was expecting to be main eventing, but then he probably was hit with someting like "uh so....would you bother if we made PVZ vs Waterson the main event ? she seems to be pretty popular right now so..."

Faber has been done ever since Brown knocked him out...

That's a bit of an exaggeration. He had a lot of good wins after that fight, it's only really recently that he's looked past prime.

Paige is the bigger star because of Dancing With the Stars, but Faber probably should have been the co-main. Him and Pickett should be a great fight.

I find it disgraceful that the California kid is retiring today, in California, and he's not headlining the event... How do you feel about having PVZ and Sage stealing Faber's spotlight?

Is that u Faber ??

Hey man, how do you not constantly cut yourself shaving that 2nd B-hole on your chin??

Ps.. do you condition every day? or a deep condition bi monthly??

<{1-3}> .

Faber should be co-main IMO. Bit of disrespect for sure, but part of the business.

The dude is smiling. He'll be ok

It all depends on the outcome I think. If he wins. I dont think he retires just yet. I think he tries to squeeze out another fight in California. Then retires as the co main or even main event. Who knows. Dan Henderson got a proper exit.

PVZ headlining makes sense after the DWTS success. They are trying to give her a further push and the crowd at the weigh ins seemed to appreciate her.

Faber vs Pickett could definitely have been the co-main though.
Even including DWTS fame, i think itd be better to have her comain event so casual viewers would also see whatever marquee fight is main. This will do though. WMMA headlining feels odd when theres no belt on the line

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a discussion they all had and he ASKED for her to headline. That's the kinda guy he is, always looking out for his friends and TAM partners

I could see that being true.
Faber is one of the coolest guys in the game.

It's a joke. The UFC has always treated him like shit.

The guy has had 4 title shots in the UFC, 3/4 of them were PPV main events how is that shit lol?

They also put him on TUF as a head coach twice, UFC has tried to push Faber since the day he got signed.

I do agree that he should be co-main event though, Northcutt vs Gall should not be co-main event of the card.

Back