Faber retired and his protege won

MMA4Life

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Faber has to be the happiest man on the planet right now. It was clearly the boxing Cody's uncle taught him that one him the fight and his incredible reflexes but still finally TAM got the win against Cruz.

What? Of course he's happy but it's not like he went in the cage and beat Dom himself...

What? Of course he's happy but it's not like he went in the cage and beat Dom himself...
In his mind I'm sure he feels like he did. You could see in the run up Cody was fighting Cruz to avenge Faber.

Faber has to be the happiest man on the planet right now. It was clearly the boxing Cody's uncle taught him that one him the fight and his incredible reflexes but still finally TAM got the win against Cruz.
Don't sleep on that takedown defense. It was dominant.

What 8 alpha fails tried and one finally eeked out a 48-47 and now they were right all along
I actually believe two scores were 48-46 as the 4th was a 10-8. Also complete BS giving Dom 2 rounds. Not even sure he won one round tbh.

The fight Faber is probably more excited for is Garbrandt-Dillashaw.

Don't sleep on that takedown defense. It was dominant.
Yeah it was a masterpiece. Cody skipped a step and dethroned the champ almost flawlessly. But Cruz showed so much heart. He was a Zombie not many people take those shots and pop up.

The fight Faber is probably more excited for is Garbrandt-Dillashaw.
Yeah if Cody wins that will be bigger for Faber than Cody. But I want to see Cody fight TJ and I want TJ to not chase Cody. It's gonna be closer than people think if TJ doesn't chase. He showed he can time a double leg better or up there with any current fighter in his last fight.

What 8 alpha fails tried and one finally eeked out a 48-47 and now they were right all along

"Eeked out"???
Lmao.

Also Faber himself finished Dom.

Dom got two wins but one was a closer decision win for Dom ... the other was against a 37 year old version of Faber and Dom still couldn't finish Faber.

I would say Faber is pretty damn happy atm.

Retired on a win and his camp now has the champ..

Yeah if Cody wins that will be bigger for Faber than Cody. But I want to see Cody fight TJ and I want TJ to not chase Cody. It's gonna be closer than people think if TJ doesn't chase. He showed he can time a double leg better or up there with any current fighter in his last fight.

Easier to do that vs a guy much smaller than you though.

Cruz has incredible timing with his takedowns as well. He didnt have much success vs Cody.

In MMA ... being shorter does NOT help your MMA wrestling unlike amature wrestling due to the mixing of strikes and grappling.

Easier to do that vs a guy much smaller than you though.

Cruz has incredible timing with his takedowns as well. He didnt have much success vs Cody.

In MMA ... being shorter does NOT help your MMA wrestling unlike amature wrestling due to the mixing of strikes and grappling.
Look I like Cody after that performance against anyone. Same with Conor if he can recreate his form vs Alvarez I think he wins his next fight. But this is fighting sometimes they show up sometimes they don't consistency is what makes legends.

Back