Faber Bruce Leeroy. Why???

I'll take it, reason being Faber is fighting much more frequently than normal.

If this was his typical 1-3 fights per year that he normally does, it's a waste of time.
But his last 5 fights have happened within the last year, and already booked for another.
Reminds me of Pride, more fights for top guys. Make it happen.

Seems like a gimme for Faber to get him to another title shot quickly. Imo Caceres is badly outmatched here. But Faber beats anyone at BW not named Barao anyway.

If this was his typical 1-3 fights per year that he normally does, it's a waste of time.
But his last 5 fights have happened within the last year, and already booked for another.
Word.

Faber usually fights nothing but the best. Let him destroy this goober so he stays active.

Alex is the first of many snackrifices presented by the UFC in hopes of keeping Faber relevant.

Because everyone from like 3-12 is either hurt, a rematch, or scheduled for a fight. Besides, Cacares deserves a step up.

Bruce Leroy wants to test his skills
Faber wants to fight
UFC 175 gets a good fight
Fans happy
Dana happy
Ing happy
Is normal

Vaughan Lee was busy, so next Half Decent BW to get match ups well above his station was obviously Leeroy

I'm with you on him setting an example to work for you money.
Just not a fan of the match up. Could be really short, ko or sub in the first 1st, or a slow grind, Faber on top.
Leeroy is full of surprises, though

My initial reaction was "WTF?!" But after giving it some thought, I believe that they apparently want to keep Faber active & in the win column. He's been getting nothing but tough match-ups lately. This keeps him in the cage & in a pretty much "guaranteed win" situation in which he's likely to look impressive with a finish over a fighter casual fans may remember from TUF.

At the same time, Caceras has been on nice run & definitely deserves a step up in competition. However, I believe this is too much of a challenge for Caceras & he's in over his head here.

This fight could be used to see just how much Faber has left for the future, as well as gauging how much potential Caceras has as a possible future top 10 contender.

Damn I thought we were gonna see him against Oliveira, which is a more appropriate match.

RIP Alex Caceres.

atatatatata Faber is alerady dead.
Leeroy by TKO in 1st round.

good tune up fight for faber imo! No way i can see him losing this one. TS next :)

Fuck yes!! I'm going to 175!!

That card is fucking amazing, I am so pumped!!!

Back