Félix Trinidad All-time ranking?

He's one of my all time favourites so I'm really bias but I think he had an excellent career. I don't know where I rank everyone else though so I don't know how to put a number on him. Tri g to come up with an all time ranking in nearly impossible if you really try to consider everything, especially when you really go far back.
It's all a blur by now. The old school guys get screwed for the new flavor of the week.

Last edited:
He never lost at 147 and his power there was great enough to finish anyone at 147. SRL is the only guy I think gives Tito any kind of trouble. He Walks right though everyone else.
kinda odd considering he didn’t “walk through” the fighters he actually faced at 147, let alone prime for prime fantasy matchups

This is what I mean about belts not really being championships.

I get that but let's look at it. Tito was the 147 Champion and cleaned it out and went up and clean our 154 and then Lost to the Champion at 160.

Halger was the champion for a long time and lost to a smaller one and retired.

Tito did not lose to he went too far up in weight. Hagler rad a great run at MW but Tito had the better career than he did. Fought more Super fights.

Tito super fights were Oscar/Vargas/ Sweet Pee/Reid/Camacho/Hopkins and only lost one.

Hagler there fights. SRL/Hearts/Duran. All smaller guys coming up to him and he lost 1.

I don't see how Hagler has a better resume than Tito

kinda odd considering he didn’t “walk through” the fighters he actually faced at 147, let alone prime for prime fantasy matchups

Who beat him or came close. Oscar? He was scared as hell in those closing Rd. Tito beat everyone else. So who didn't he walk though

I get that but let's look at it. Tito was the 147 Champion and cleaned it out and went up and clean our 154 and then Lost to the Champion at 160.

Halger was the champion for a long time and lost to a smaller one and retired.

Tito did not lose to he went too far up in weight. Hagler rad a great run at MW but Tito had the better career than he did. Fought more Super fights.

Tito super fights were Oscar/Vargas/ Sweet Pee/Reid/Camacho/Hopkins and only lost one.

Hagler there fights. SRL/Hearts/Duran. All smaller guys coming up to him and he lost 1.

I don't see how Hagler has a better resume than Tito
He didn't really clean out 154. He could have stayed there and try to have a run at 154 the way he did at 147. He could have fought Mosley and Winky at 154 before moving up. He went up to 160 and had a good showing against Joppy before losing to Hopkins.

He didn't really clean out 154. He could have stayed there and try to have a run at 154 the way he did at 147. He could have fought Mosley and Winky at 154 before moving up. He went up to 160 and had a good showing against Joppy before losing to Hopkins.

154 was a dead division til him and Vargas moved up. No one cares about 154 at the time. And Tito was chasing greatness. He beat the legit champion there Vargas. No one was asking for Mosley or Wright fight at the time. Wright didn't make a good run at 154 till Tito left. No maybe he should have, maybe not but that's trying to neat pick instead of looking at what he did. He beat the other Best Champion of the division and then moved up to try the Champion of the MW division.

Who beat him or came close. Oscar? He was scared as hell in those closing Rd. Tito beat everyone else. So who didn't he walk though
He clearly didn't walk through Oscar. Call him scared if you want, but Delahoya outboxed and really, outfought Tito for much of the fight.

He clearly didn't walk through Oscar. Call him scared if you want, but Delahoya outboxed and really, outfought Tito for much of the fight.

Ok. let's say Oscar made it a close fight by trying to winning pitter patting point fighting and didn't want anything to do with Tito in the championship Rd where Tito got most of his KOs and his rep for being of the greatest finisher of alltime. Let's say that it was close. So his only close fight at 147 was to another fighter who some argue as being one of the best of his era and could run with anybody and in any era. I don't see how that proves he couldn't walk though folks. No Real Champion would fight like Oscar did and therefore get KOd. SRL is the only fighter that would run like that.

well yeah, de la hoya is the big one. anthony stephens gave him big problems as well. also got knocked down a bunch of times against low level opposition, though he usually got up and won impressively

well yeah, de la hoya is the big one. anthony stephens gave him big problems as well. also got knocked down a bunch of times against low level opposition, though he usually got up and won impressively

JMM got KD another too. Ain't a Knock on anyone IMO. And everyone has a off night. A win today and look good next time. Tito is the best WW period.

In a Turkey coma and was wondering what the Sherdog faithful thought about Trinidad’s all-time ranking.

Out of 100: would he be near the bottom (100-80), somewhere in the middle (70-40), or at the top (30-1)? About where would you rank him in terms of top 100 boxers of all-time? I know it’s difficult without a full list, was just wondering.

here’s his boxrec

He was a peak and BIG WW that beat an older Pernell and Camacho. His "win" against DLH is one of the most disputable wins out there. He beat Joppy, and that was a good win given it was at MW.

His resume doesn't reflect how good he probably is. Obviously, he is good, but I was never as big a fan as some people. Some LOVE their Tito, and that's cool, I can see why.

Skip tot the 36 min mark and you can see how much people Loved Tito.

This ring walk gave me chills watching it live.

It's all a blur by now. The old school guys get screwed for the new flavor of the week.
I gave a lot of resumes a long hard look at bit back trying to come up with an idea of what an all time list would look like and there are a lot of impressive career's out there. Yeah there is always crappy fighters mixed in but a lot of those guys fought every couple/few weeks and still had big fights frequently. I hadn't heard of Ike Williams before that but he had a good career and I found some footage on YouTube and really liked what I saw too.

Ok. let's say Oscar made it a close fight by trying to winning pitter patting point fighting and didn't want anything to do with Tito in the championship Rd where Tito got most of his KOs and his rep for being of the greatest finisher of alltime. Let's say that it was close. So his only close fight at 147 was to another fighter who some argue as being one of the best of his era and could run with anybody and in any era. I don't see how that proves he couldn't walk though folks. No Real Champion would fight like Oscar did and therefore get KOd. SRL is the only fighter that would run like that.
You said he walked through everyone at welterweight. He didn't walk through Oscar. He was vastly outlanded and probably deserved to lose. If you say he walked through a lot of guys at welterweight, well, sure, fair enough. You said he walked through everyone. Not so. Clearly, he had some very impressive wins at welterweight and he was a great fighter in his day. But he also had a fight that he probably deserved to lose in DLH. And he's certainly not history's greatest welterweight, not when you had guys like Sugar Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Hearns, Hank Armstrong and others at that weight. I don't know that he's even the best welterweight of say, the past 30 years. Which is again, not to say that he wasn't great.

You said he walked through everyone at welterweight. He didn't walk through Oscar. He was vastly outlanded and probably deserved to lose. If you say he walked through a lot of guys at welterweight, well, sure, fair enough. You said he walked through everyone. Not so. Clearly, he had some very impressive wins at welterweight and he was a great fighter in his day. But he also had a fight that he probably deserved to lose in DLH. And he's certainly not history's greatest welterweight, not when you had guys like Sugar Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Hearns, Hank Armstrong and others at that weight. I don't know that he's even the best welterweight of say, the past 30 years. Which is again, not to say that he wasn't great.

Are you saying with a straight face that you think henry Armstrong would beat Tito ?

You have to go by reality. Not if this guy could have today’s standards or this or that. Just what is. Trinidad would slaughter henry. And that shouldn’t be a controversial. Opinion.

You’re taking a 5’5 featherweight over Trinidad?

i sell my house my bank account and put it all on Tito. Especially with say a bert sugars odds

Back