Félix Trinidad All-time ranking?

panem-et-circenses

In the garden
Reaction score
In a Turkey coma and was wondering what the Sherdog faithful thought about Trinidad’s all-time ranking.

Out of 100: would he be near the bottom (100-80), somewhere in the middle (70-40), or at the top (30-1)? About where would you rank him in terms of top 100 boxers of all-time? I know it’s difficult without a full list, was just wondering.

here’s his boxrec

as for numerical rankings, i’d have him toward the bottom of the top 100 myself but anywhere from 100-75 would be fine.

In a Turkey coma and was wondering what the Sherdog faithful thought about Trinidad’s all-time ranking.

Out of 100: would he be near the bottom (100-80), somewhere in the middle (70-40), or at the top (30-1)? About where would you rank him in terms of top 100 boxers of all-time? I know it’s difficult without a full list, was just wondering.

here’s his boxrec
Probably somewhere between 50 and 30. I am a big fan though. Hopkins outplayed him so he can't be considered a great ring general. Physically and technically he was very imposing.

Somewhere in the middle, De La Hiya really spoiled his legacy and I dont think it was a robbery like everyone makes it out to be, its not like De La Hiya won 10 out 12 rounds, it was hbo and the media that made it worse than what it was, anyway, to me he was the best one dimensional fighter, theres a reason why De La Hoya fought his left overs when he came to 147.

Although he looked indestructible at 154, too bad he thought he can beat Hopkins

very very very good. at times, he was great. too chinny to really ever look as scary as he was hyped to be, but still one of the best of his era.
You always have to assume the guys that get dropped can be stopped. He always did get up even against Jones so we should give him a little benefit of the doubt.

I'm a big fan but I don't think so. It's a shame he didn't stay at 154 longer to improve his ATG standing.

He never lost at 147 and his power there was great enough to finish anyone at 147. SRL is the only guy I think gives Tito any kind of trouble. He Walks right though everyone else.

Probably somewhere between 50 and 30. I am a big fan though. Hopkins outplayed him so he can't be considered a great ring general. Physically and technically he was very imposing.
I agree with this. You have to consider too that WW was his best class and Hopkins is a pretty damn good MW. He’s got some very good wins on his resume like Hector Camacho, Yori Boy Campas, De La Hoya, Pernell Whittaker…

I love Tito but would make Hearns the favorite at any match-up between 147-154. I don't think he beat the quality of opposition required to consider him better than Leonard/Hagler/Hearns/Duran.

Reactions: ssx
I agree with this. You have to consider too that WW was his best class and Hopkins is a pretty damn good MW. He’s got some very good wins on his resume like Hector Camacho, Yori Boy Campas, De La Hoya, Pernell Whittaker…
I rate him more towards DLH and Whitaker.

I love Tito but would make Hearns the favorite at any match-up between 147-154. I don't think he beat the quality of opposition required to consider him better than Leonard/Hagler/Hearns/Duran.

Sweet Pea/Oscar/Carr/Campas. Tito beat all of the beat of his era And I think those same guys he beat would do good in the Fab Four era.

Sweet Pea/Oscar/Carr/Campas. Tito beat all of the beat of his era And I think those same guys he beat would do good in the Fab Four era.
Carr and Campas are not ATGs. His best win was Oscar in a razor thin decision. Who knows what happens if he doesn't run the last 4 rounds. Whitaker was past his prime but a great performance for Tito that boxed. I don't think he had the accomplishments that the Fab Four acquired.

Reactions: Ruv
Carr and Campas are not ATGs. His best win was Oscar in a razor thin decision. Who knows what happens if he doesn't run the last 4 rounds. Whitaker was past his prime but a great performance for Tito that boxed. I don't think he had the accomplishments that the Fab Four acquired.

Tito was a 3 division Champion. Hagler had one belt and retired when he lost it.

He's one of my all time favourites so I'm really bias but I think he had an excellent career. I don't know where I rank everyone else though so I don't know how to put a number on him. Trying to come up with an all time ranking is nearly impossible if you really try to consider everything, especially when you really go far back.

Last edited:
Back