Eyepokes are guaranteed

if i was an upcoming opponent of jones, i'd poke him in the eye, round 1. get it out of the way. i'd probably kick him in the nuts, too.

He deliberately puts his hand in their faces, yes. And it has resulted in pokes, yes. 3 of them to be exact.

It's not uncommon for tall, lanky strikers that put their hands in peoples faces and occasionally poke them.

Yep my theory is that it's because they do it all the time in sparring and never end up with eye pokes because they use fingerless boxing gloves during sparring sessions.

I say an eye for an eye! If he pokes just poke him back!

he should have 1 pt taken immediately

I was expecting a torrent of eye pokes, so Cormbread got off lightly.

Eye pokes didn't win him this fight. Try harder scrubs.

The eye pokes do really change the fights...UFC should do a soccer type of thing where previous offenses count against you....Jones would be deducted a point in every fight.

Herb told jon that he can have two pokes, jon only used one. DC was still crying at the press conference. And still the champion...

Before this fight a few people predicted that if Jones beat Cormier, then the ABJ's ( Anyone But Jones ) would only be able to cling on to this embarrassing 'he pokes people in the eyes on purpose, it's the only way he can win' spiel.. Glad to see they were right lol

Before this fight a few people predicted that if Jones beat Cormier, then the ABJ's ( Anyone But Jones ) would only be able to cling on to this embarrassing 'he pokes people in the eyes on purpose, it's the only way he can win' spiel.. Glad to see they were right lol

Only a complete retard would say "its the only way he can win", but ive been poked in the eye bad just once rolling before and it really, really sucked. I was practically blind driving home as when my eyes watered it would sting causing me to close both eyes as a natural reflex, and blurred vision to boot... in a mma fight that would be a huge disadvantage.

It would seem like a great tactic to do it at least once as there is apparently no real drawback other than some complaining from people on the internet... you wont get docked a point, might not even get a warning and can really debilitate your opponent.

I really doubt it's deliberate. It's just his method of gauging and maintaining distance; he tries to physically hold his opponent at an ideal distance with an open palm. I'm sure he realizes it's likely to result in eyepokes and doesn't care, but he's not doing it specifically to poke people in the eyes.

Until it's made illegal to extend an open hand towards your opponent it's going to keep happening.

The eye pokes do really change the fights...UFC should do a soccer type of thing where previous offenses count against you....Jones would be deducted a point in every fight.

I agree

the fighter who does this shit must be deducted a point at least

Cormier should have made a meal of it and gotten his 5 minutes to recharge that cardio lol.

Uriah Faber never poked that dude in his last fight since the ref didn't call it. Never happened.

Urijah is newbie when it comes to pokes,but he is natural
Will he ever reach jbj or kos level?

Jones is best p4p.........eyepoker in the ufc today,close second is kos

Back