Eye Poke rule and Jon Jones

Money509

A Level Poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Apparently they made a new rule were you cant just poke guys in the eye. You cant even have your hand out with your fingers extended. Jon jones literally fights like that 90% of the time , could this be a serious issue for him?
hkovBj1.gif

I think there are some more serious rules he is worried about at this point

Well, he's probably out for 2 years. And yes, it will be a problem for him.

That's the one thing I always hated seeing from him. I was hoping someone would punch his fingers and break them so he wouldn't do it anymore.

jones has been cheating long enough with those eye pokes, being a clean fighter is probably the toughest thing jones will ever be.

Between this and not being allowed hit and run pregnant women the rules are really out to get him

New rule? Source?

Glad they are doing something, I'm sick Jones Jabs fucking fights.

Big John is an issue for him.
USADA is an issue for him.
Drugs are an issue for him.
Safe driving is an issue for him.

Jones is done.

Man, Jon Jones is getting hit from all sides. First they get him for super drugs. Now they take away one of his key moves. Thats like saying we cant use the x button on our XBOX One controller in mortal kombat X

you can't have your arm out straight with fingers pointed at your opponent

you can hold it slightly higher than their head though which is how you're supposed to use that technique anyway

Brock used it to palm Hunts forehead and avoid getting punched during their fight

New rule? Source?
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2...-changes-to-mma-scoring-criteria-new-rules-in

In the standing position, a fighter that moves their arm(s) toward their opponent with an open hand, fingers pointing at the opponent's face/eyes, will be a foul. Referees are to prevent this dangerous behavior by communicating clearly to fighters. Fighters are directed to close their fists or point their fingers straight in the air when reaching toward their opponent.

The ABC adopted some changes/revisions to the unified rules. 42 athletic commissions voted in favor of them.

That's the one thing I always hated seeing from him. I was hoping someone would punch his fingers and break them so he wouldn't do it anymore.

How is that nobody did a flying armbar or something like grab his hand and upercut his upper arm....
In one of those Bas Rutten self defense videos, I saw him twisting other dude's arm and trying to break it with his knee....

If someone try to do something like this to JJ, I will die happy.

New rule definitely makes it even harder for Gus to win a fight now

How is that nobody did a flying armbar or something like grab his hand and upercut his upper arm....
In one of those Bas Rutten self defense videos, I saw him twisting other dude's arm and trying to break it with his knee....

If someone try to do something like this to JJ, I will die happy.

Or maybe someone could throw a Crocop kick and break his tiny legs.

Back