Extreme Far Right Parties in Europe (gaining ground)

The political classes long ago decided GDP was more important than cultural identity and integrity, in England anyway. We are still dealing with this travesty.

It's not GDP it's empire building. A divided people is easier to dominate and exploit by a small number of power brokers. It's all about power.

If they were concerned about GDP they would focus on birth rates and maintain cultural harmony.

The political classes long ago decided GDP was more important than cultural identity and integrity, in England anyway. We are still dealing with this travesty.

If the U.K.'s GDP growth were strong, people would be a lot happier. And if policymakers in the U.K. were primarily concerned with GDP growth, their economic policy would be very different.

It's not GDP it's empire building. A divided people is easier to dominate and exploit by a small number of power brokers. It's all about power.

If they were concerned about GDP they would focus on birth rates and maintain cultural harmony.

I think that a focus on increasing birth rates is a factor in immigration policy.

I repent, for I have lazily tarred all Canadians with the same brush. My bad.

And who are the Sweden Democrats? A: Sweden's Golden Dawn.

Nothing like Golden Dawn. The SD of the nineties might have had some similiarities, but today they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same context*. SD policies fall comfortably within the range of "normal" politics, in a European perspective, definitely in an American perspective, and in a global perspective they're still a sloth of cuddly bears.

A better analogue to GD would be Party of the Swedes which is a fringe party, if even that. They're the ones sending members to fight in Ukraine, btw.

*Dragging up their past is pretty much the only counterargument at hand for their opposition, hence their successes in the last two elections**.

**Of course, in Sweden the definition of nazi is anyone to the right of the Social Democratic Party.

Election night in Sweden, September 14 2014.

Right Wing/Conservative/Nationalist/Racist/White Trash party Sweden Democrats reaches 13 percent in preliminary count, more than doubling last year's result.

Sha la la la la!

So how are things in Sweden now?
Danish media has stopped reporting about it. But it has been really entertaining and interesting so far. Has the swedish parliament found a solution? how is the general mood in Sweden and what is the swedish media writing about it?

I don't think you know what "debunked" means. THIS is your evidence that extreme far right parties aren't gaining in Europe?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/exit-poll-sweden-opposition-wins-majority-25494570

"Sweden's Social Democrats were poised to return to power after a left-leaning bloc defeated the center-right government in a parliamentary election Sunday that also saw strong gains by an anti-immigration party.

With more than 99 percent of districts counted, the Social Democrat-led Red-Green bloc had 43.7 percent of the votes Sunday while the governing coalition got 39.3 percent, official preliminary results showed.

The anti-immigration Sweden Democrats party more than doubled its support to 13 percent, leaving it with the balance of power in Parliament."

And who are the Sweden Democrats? A: Sweden's Golden Dawn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_Democrats

I guess this is what they call a "Canadian debunking."

Not Golden Dawn at all. Look at their actual policy suggestions:

Stop mass immigration
Focus on community and say no to multiculturalism
Guest Worker System in certain occupations
Use temporary residence permit instead of permanent
Requirements for taking in relatives (have to be able to take care of them economically speaking)
A generous repatriation grant

We want to help refugees properly by shifting focus towards the refugees neighboring countries, where most of the refugees and the most vulnerable are.

Historically speaking they have been resembling Golden Dawn at some points, and they still have certain stigma attached to them, since a neo-nazi pops up every now and then in their party.
But they have become way more moderate and are probably the same as the Danish People's Party.

Which is why the established parties in Sweden are so scared, and the mainstream media, who have actively been demonizing the party and its voters (they don't even mention the party by name, only shows their logo, effectively giving the party a "they who shall not be named" stigma), and in fact back in 2010 the leader of the party had to travel to Denmark in order to deliver his election speech, because he got censored in Sweden (it's in danish/swedish so most probably won't understand it, just to show I'm not making shit up).

The danish people's party is the 3rd biggest party in Denmark now, and is the sole reason that Denmark is so harsh on immigration compared to the rest of northern Europe. A lot of swedes are scared that SD is going to become mainstream and that Sweden is going to turn into Denmark in terms of immigration policies.
It has truly been a spectacle watching this election and the debate that has followed. The establishment in Sweden is in complete denial about this, they simply can't wrap their head around it.
But as it is now, The Swedish Democrats is following the exact same history as the Danish Peoples party.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back