Extreme Far Right Parties in Europe (gaining ground)

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is a little dated, and there might be a thread on it, but what's the deal with these far right extreme groups and their popularity in Europe?

Golden Dawn (Greece)
National Democratic Party (Germany)
Danish People's Party (Denmark)
etc etc? They are gaining seats and power but are extremely intolerant.

Is it due to the crisis of 2008? Any Europeans support these groups or are familiar with them? Are their claims justified?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/26/far-right-europe-election_n_5391873.html

Golden-Dawn-supporters-008.jpg

German-far-right-rally-011.jpg

Help an outsider understand.

The far right groups are not gaining a lot of seats(not nearly enough to get anywhere near being in government) locally, but they did do really well in the recent EU Parliment elections. This is because most "normal" people don't bother to vote in those. Participation is low in most countries, but the hardcore idealogues always get out the vote, so proportionally speaking the right wingers do really well in those.

In Sweden the we have the party "Sweden Democrats". Not extreme by any means of the definition, just want to lower the immigration basically since a high immigration policy combined with a bad integration policy is an extremely bad idea, and exactly what we have in Sweden right now. In the EU-parliament they got just under 10% and the witch hunt started harder than ever before. They always get called racist and even nazi and fascist, despite none of that being present in their party program. Their history is probably the cause of that, they've been a clean party for just ten years now.

So basically in Sweden it's like this: If you want to lower the immigration policy, you're a naziracistfascist ****. Our media is batshit crazy! :icon_chee

Meanwhile a pretty extreme feminist party that has a top containing of people that think defiling the Swedish flag at the national day is a good idea, since it's apparently very racist. The Swedish media thinks it's great that these got voted into the EU-parliament, while being incredibly biased against the Sweden Democrats. The election felt like a joke to watch, with literally everyone being against them, calling them racist, fascist and whatnot. Crazy how indoctrinated this country's people have become.

I'm always skeptical of these 'trends,' because our schools are always failing, kids are always getting softer and more spoiled, our infrastructure is always crumbling. Always. For centuries.

That said, it's an interesting empirical question as to whether and how much far right parties have gained legislative seats in various nations and over what term. I don't think participation has anything to do with such changes, since participation is largely constant; it might explain more ideologues relative to a situation in which you had broader voter participation, but it wouldn't explain their increase.

Good brand new article by Kaplan on the subject.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stratfor/2014/06/04/europes-deep-right-wing-logic/

What's particularly interesting is the growing admiration for Russia, which is emblematic of the rise of the right against global forces (including America, capitalism, immigration, etc.).

World War III needs to get here already

Darwinist nailed it IMO as usual.

It's good to see you posting.

In Sweden the we have the party "Sweden Democrats". Not extreme by any means of the definition, just want to lower the immigration basically since a high immigration policy combined with a bad integration policy is an extremely bad idea, and exactly what we have in Sweden right now. In the EU-parliament they got just under 10% and the witch hunt started harder than ever before. They always get called racist and even nazi and fascist, despite none of that being present in their party program. Their history is probably the cause of that, they've been a clean party for just ten years now.

So basically in Sweden it's like this: If you want to lower the immigration policy, you're a naziracistfascist ****. Our media is batshit crazy! :icon_chee

Meanwhile a pretty extreme feminist party that has a top containing of people that think defiling the Swedish flag at the national day is a good idea, since it's apparently very racist. The Swedish media thinks it's great that these got voted into the EU-parliament, while being incredibly biased against the Sweden Democrats. The election felt like a joke to watch, with literally everyone being against them, calling them racist, fascist and whatnot. Crazy how indoctrinated this country's people have become.

Sounds like the social engineers have been quite busy in Sweden programming everyone into politically correct mode.

I'm under the impression that Sweden is somewhat of a beach head in this regard.

The far right groups are not gaining a lot of seats(not nearly enough to get anywhere near being in government) locally, but they did do really well in the recent EU Parliment elections. This is because most "normal" people don't bother to vote in those. Participation is low in most countries, but the hardcore idealogues always get out the vote, so proportionally speaking the right wingers do really well in those.

Just want to quote this in the hope people will actually read it, rather come up with some nutjob theory.

Where i am, UKIP(who are a bit like libertarians) did very well in the European elections, and the most prominent far right party lost it's seat in the European parliament.

When it comes to general elections, i predict that people will still continue to vote for the mainstream pro-war, pro globalist, anti-white parties.

just want to lower the immigration basically since a high immigration policy

Seems like it's all about immigration; people are tired of losing old neighborhoods as the elites tell them its a good thing. I don't expect them to gain a lot of power, but it shows people are fed up

Seems like it's all about immigration; people are tired of losing old neighborhoods as the elites tell them its a good thing. I don't expect them to gain a lot of power, but it shows people are fed up

Yeah, but if times were booming, I doubt you would see this rise in the extreme right. Immigrants have always been there I'm assuming. Times are hard, and people are looking for scapegoats.

Just want to quote this in the hope people will actually read it, rather come up with some nutjob theory.

Again, Darwinist's point doesn't exactly account for the fact that the National Front won 6% of the French EU Parliament vote in 2009, and then 25% of the vote in 2014 (which was the next EP election). Voter participation rates were the same in both those elections, yet votes for the National Front rose 400% over that five year period. You can easily see this on the Wiki page, and compare to the 2009 election:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:European_Parliament_election,_2014_(France)

What is true is that lower participation means that you are likely to see more extreme parties overall. Lower participation increases the *total* percentage of extreme votes, but it does not explain the *change* or delta between the elections. Total French voter participation was nearly identical in 2009 and 2014.

But then one has to further and ask the question, even in that context -- was voter participation in fact low due to this being an EU parliament election, as Darwinist suggests? 18 million French voters does not strike me as particularly low. How does that participation compare to the most recent French presidential elections?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_presidential_election,_2012

....18 million voters. Virtually identical voter participation. Darwinist's argument may have weight in some contexts, but the French NF's stunning win in the 2014 election can't exactly be wished away by citing low voter participation, because that's not really true and wouldn't explain the change in NF votes even if it was true.

I remain skeptical about extrapolating long-term trends from a short time period here (the NF was floundering in the mid 2000s), but I think it's unreasonable to portray this as somehow business as usual. It's actually a very stunning development in modern European politics. Whether it has legs, we will see.

So there are no extremes in Sweden? Like say a party burring down immigrant businesses and Harassing immigrants?

So there are no extremes in Sweden? Like say a party burring down immigrant businesses and Harassing immigrants?

I guess SvP (The Swede's Party) is the closest to that. They don't burn shit down and I don't know if they harass immigrants, but they think Sweden should be reserved for the Swede and they want to basically send the rest back home. They do not have a big following though, not nearly enough to get into the Swedish or the EU parliament.

Correct.

This is a little dated, and there might be a thread on it, but what's the deal with these far right extreme groups and their popularity in Europe?

Golden Dawn (Greece)
National Democratic Party (Germany)
Danish People's Party (Denmark)
etc etc? They are gaining seats and power but are extremely intolerant.

Is it due to the crisis of 2008? Any Europeans support these groups or are familiar with them? Are their claims justified?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/26/far-right-europe-election_n_5391873.html

Golden-Dawn-supporters-008.jpg

German-far-right-rally-011.jpg

Help an outsider understand.

NPD got 1% of the vote at the EU elections which translates to 1 german seat in the parliament.
thats their weakest national result since 2002

greece still suffers economically which is why radical parties (communists,fascists) are strong there

Yeah, but if times were booming, I doubt you would see this rise in the extreme right. Immigrants have always been there I'm assuming. Times are hard, and people are looking for scapegoats.

It's more than that. People feel unwelcome and like outsiders in the place they grew up. All their neighbors leave, they no longer feel comfortable sending their kids to public schools, . . . . Obviously the results vary by country and by immigrant group.

Yeah when you look at how much effort is put into propaganda and education to soften peoples minds to the idea of replacement level immigration, and how global it is (same patterns and techniques across many countries at the same time) you have to wonder what their play is.

It's certainly an implementation of a long term political agenda.

Back