Extreme couponer attacked

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Scott Parker 27, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Scott Parker 27

Scott Parker 27 Your Mom's Box

Alright, this lady is obviously mentally ill. She held up a grocery store line for what she claims is 20 minutes, meaning probably 30 minutes. She had a coupon scrap book all organized with different products and had no problem inconveniencing everyone else. I wouldn't attack this lady but i can see how someone would.

http://abc13.com/shopping/extreme-couponer-attacked-for-holding-up-line/1655622/

Opinions?

2. 5crew

5crew Black Belt

Watched the video, I would presume he is not mad about waiting 20mins like the "victim" is claiming.

She "threw" soda on him. If I were him, I would be upset. But I won't hulk smash her though.

3. mjmj

mjmj Black Belt

It’s partly her fault, and partly the store managers fault. She should have talked to the manager when she walked in (or called ahead) and told them she would have a huge amount of coupons. In turn, they should have arranged to have a check out person specifically for her so people didn’t get stuck waiting. I’d have been irate. I’ve walked out of stores, leaving all my shit in the cart, for less, and damn sure would have in this case.

Guestx and mike sherry like this.
  4. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

That's nothing, absolutely nothing. They used to have a show called extreme couponing. Check out times for some of them range into the hours, like 3-4 hours to check out. I've seen them get 10 full carts of groceries for $12.

5. some random guy

some random guy Orange Belt

Actual facts as reported in the video and article -

- Woman intentional spills drink on guy
    - Guy moves off camera to confront woman (unknown what actually happens)
    - Police are called in. Report small cut on woman's forehead and that she refused medical attention.
    - Woman now claims much more serious injuries and is looking for compensation from the store and the man.

Extreme couponing and physical attack in response are just purely speculative.

6. Cheese

Cheese Banned Banned

All I see is a man scared for his life. First she trys to blind him with soda pop and then starts reaching for something, the man had to take her down for his and everyone else around saftey. True hero.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  7. 5crew

5crew Black Belt

Yep, exactly.
    Humble opinion, she just want some screen time and money since she probably doesn't have them.

EDIT:
    Both Article headline and OP is misleading. People that actually watched the video probably believe something else.

8. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

@Scott Parker 27 here is an example if you want to know how far suburban housewives take couponing. Some of them work 40-60 hours per week getting ready to go on a run. This is not something crazy people do, well they are nuts I wouldn't do it, they get massive amounts of goods for free.

Watch this just for a few minutes if you want to get an idea how fanatical they are.

Scott Parker 27 likes this.
  9. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

Well HELLO lady!!! There's a reason it's called EXTREME couponing!!!

[​IMG]

trolololol, Ikuza and Scott Parker 27 like this.
  10. Bobby Boulders

Bobby Boulders My Lovin' Is Digi Platinum Member

11. Scott Parker 27

Loll. Have you been around any of those extreme couponers in real life? They are fucking nuts, always ending with the sentence, do you know how much I paid for that?
    Also, the store is winning with extreme couponing. You take YOUR time cutting out these pieces of paper instead of doing something productive, and in turn the store gets to empty their stockroom of all their split pea soup since 5 years ago.
    These people are nuts!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  12. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

They do get some crazy ass stockpiles, I mean HUGE stockpiles. 100k worth of goods stockpiles. The lady in the video I posted just on that one run for that day she got $1,100.00 worth of goods for $4.53. A lot of it isn't food, they get years worth of shampoo, laundry detergent, light bulbs, whatever, for basically free.

But yea, you are right, I wouldn't do it, because it actually is extreme. We aren't even talking about poor people doing it. A lot of the people on that show live in big ass two story homes.

13. spamking

spamking Click, click, boom!

I don't have the patience to do stuff like that . . . I mean we've used coupons in the past, but nothing like those folks. It's basically a full time gig for them. Dumpster diving for newspapers and inserts.

Crazy stuff, but they do save a ton of money.

14. Joe Mama

Joe Mama Tin Foil Belt

It starts with her 'entitled' mentality.

I would be willing to bet burgers to bongos, she was on SOME sort of government assistance (or otherwise 'I dont have to pay for shit' mentality).

She also provoked this guy physically. Sticks and stones, (yes, even if you talk shit about my kids) You make a threatening move then its game on. Otherwise, carry the fuck on.

She made it physical. His response whether justified or not is not surprising.

15. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Yea its actually a problem in some areas because people walk in the store and walk out with a thousand dollars worth of goods for 5 bucks. A lot of grocery stores have either stopped accepting coupons altogether or limit the number per customer so they can't extreme coupon there anymore. The lady in the video I posted above bought 150 bottles of excedrin for headaches that were $1.99 each but her coupons were for $2.50 so the store actually paid her .51 cents per bottle to take them.

spamking likes this.
  16. Cheese

Cheese Banned Banned

17. Jack Reacheround

Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Maybe he saw her 20% off an ass whooping coupon. Seriously, it says she threw a drink on him before that. I'd say she got of easy.

18. Scerpi

Scerpi Black Belt

Holy LOL!

Bobby Boulders likes this.
  19. Mr Mojo Lane

Mr Mojo Lane Brown Belt

20. Scott Parker 27

Does the lady in the video remind you of anyone we used to work with? Fuck the lady in the video is more sane.