News Extended social distancing until April 30

Check your state or county's website. There should be some detailed listing of what's exempt. Titty dancing should be essential.

If you cancel now, no gyms will be in business to go to when everything opens back up.
"Survival of the fittest."

I think the 30th in April is a generous estimate. I figure we’re gonna be distancing until June. At least.
I think they will start letting people work again by May, but masks will be required. they are trying to produce as many of those masks as possible, they know we have to start working because the economy. The only problme is you cannot trust Americans many of them are assholes who enjoy to say things like My RIGHTS my FREEDOM! Dont tell me what to do! yada yada and ruin it for everyone.

For those of you with gym memberships, should we cancel?

For anyone that has ever tried to cancel a gym membership it's a real pain, they make it very difficult, you have to go in person which is impossible now since the gyms are closed, what do you say Sherbros?
LA Fatness sent me an email offering 2 extra months free on my current membership, no mention of cancel options

But it doesn't matter, I can cancel from home whenever I want. The "in person" requirement is bullshit that doesn't hold up when challenged

I'm holding on to the membership for now, I expect the gym will reopen within the next 60 days

I only pay $16 a month. With my luck they'd jack up the price if I rejoined. Not worth the risk.

This. Many times you have to pay a join fee or some crap. I got in a gym at $12 a month a few years ago when it just opened up. The first x got $10, then the next x got $12, they kept jumping the price now it's like $22 so I might as well keep it.

I’m paying 60 a month for my gym while it’s closed. It’s locally owned, never crowded, mostly dedicated to free weights and I pass it on my way home from work, so it keeps me going every day. If everybody cancels, this guy will go out of business, so I’m gonna pay through May. I’ll have a decent home gym set up by then at the rate I’m going anyway.

Can we please keep social distancing after this has all blown over? Yuppies and their kids have absolutely no concept of personal space and I hated having to rub against people whenever I went out. This has been so nice...

We're gonna have to lower teh Sherdog Bench press standard at this rate... dare I say... 225?

Someone make a poll

Anyone liking that post is confirmed sub-teh 275 bencher. Reported to Sherdog quality control.

#Keys to the gym master race checking in.

I was referring to the financially fittest gyms with sufficient working capital who could stay in business while everyone else folds.

So you're saying they have fat cash?

My point still stands.

Even though I was talking about actual fatties;)

It's still cool outside most days here. When that weather breaks people are going to want to get out. It's going to be rough trying to keep them indoors if it's 70 degrees out.

I only pay $16 a month. With my luck they'd jack up the price if I rejoined. Not worth the risk.

Yea I pay $11\month. I'd pay someone $11 just to avoid the hassle of getting on the phone to try and cancel it.

Back