Explosive workout

overall I don't like performing this setup but haven't been convinced it is wrong/shitty/less than ideal.

Then you don't understand human physiology or it's physical adaptation to stimuli. And you don't listen or research very well. But do whatever the fuck you want; I'm not wasting anymore time here.

Then you don't understand human physiology or it's physical adaptation to stimuli.

of course I don't. I have no qualification in this area and all I know about it is from chit chatting in the gym and trying to get something out of sherdog forums.

And you don't listen or research very well. But do whatever the fuck you want; I'm not wasting anymore time here.

oh dear sir please don't leave, your advice has been crucial to my life and there will be no point in discussing strenght and conditioning without you.

the article above seems to be great. right off the bat in the second paragraph I can see that the sheer fact of making 5 reps is not a disqualifier at all.

From the thread title I expected to see a vid/gif of someone shitting themselves whilst squatting or deadlifting.

yes I knew it was weird when I typed it but this wasn't even my worst fail...

You're not training both. Those two things are pretty much Jekyll and hyde.

yes that was pretty stupid to say. I'm just not extemely fatigued, that's all I should've said lol

the article above seems to be great. right off the bat in the second paragraph I can see that the sheer fact of making 5 reps is not a disqualifier at all.

Look, the point is that to train something, you need to do it. For max strength, you have to move heavy shit, for endurance you need to move while you are tired. Explosiveness is about delivering as much as possible of your max strength as possible in the least possible time. This is trained by performing movements as quickly as possible, as powerfully as possible. As soon as you start to become fatigued, and slow down, you are no longer doing movements which train explosiveness.

The number of reps is not the most important thing. Stuff like "8 sets of 2-3 reps" is just a guide that works for most people. What is important is making sure that every rep is the fastest/strongest movement that you personally are capable of performing. And as it happens, 5 reps of more will probably take you to the point where this is not the case.

right off the bat in the second paragraph I can see that the sheer fact of making 5 reps is not a disqualifier at all.

4 sets of 5 reps at 35% of max =/= a complex of 5x5 squatting and 8-10 reps of jumping.

Or put more simply: 5 reps =/= 13-15 reps.

Or put more simply: 5 =/= 15.

/Math.

I just wanted to point out that you tried to be a smartass and didn't quite get it done.

but chill, I'm even taking your advice into account.

I just wanted to point out that you tried to be a smartass and didn't quite get it done.

but chill, I'm even taking your advice into account.

65918-tom-hanks-forrest-gump-I-love-rxjG.gif

Back