Explained: Jon Jones and the drug test scandal

New fighter profile pic for him?

7303d1356081801-alec-baldwin-eye-ball-beetlejuiceeye2.jpg

it's listed on the WADA website as a ped. Trying to argue out-of-competition is petty.

that's wada's view, that it's out of competition. you think having a cocaine habit would be a performance enhancer? you think jones was using it as a performance enhancer?

again, the story is the t/e, not snorting some coke.

This was a great read about JJ's failed drug test! Coke isnt the only problem........why is nobody talking about this?

Saw this posted on Reddit MMA and, seeing some of the clueless idiots posting in here today, I'd recommend people give it a read:

http://www.subjectmma.com/explained-jon-jones-drug-test-scandal/

Basically states that the low testosterone levels indicate that he could have possibly been cycling off PED's AND that the rising testosterone and epitestosterone ratios were likely used to mask the PED use and keep him in the NSAC's 6:1 TE ratio.

Apparently his testosterone levels increased by 4.4x and his epitestosterone by 2.7x and this is very likely due to PED use, the only way to know for sure is by carbon isotope testing. We'll see if the NSAC or UFC actually decides to do the testing.

There's a lot more to it and I'd advise people to read it.

I saw that guy(subjectmma) posting on here last night. I was going to point this out then but didn't.

The subjectmma.com domain was created on the 6th of January, the same day the Jones story broke. There's also a subjectmma twitter and Sherdog account. Like the domain name, those accounts were also just created. Be wary of where you get your information from. That guy has an agenda and it's not to publish factual news.

that's wada's view, that it's out of competition. you think having a cocaine habit would be a performance enhancer? you think jones was using it as a performance enhancer?

again, the story is the t/e, not snorting some coke.

I'll take WADA's expertise over yours.

Interesting stuff with the T:E ratios. Regarding his actual T levels, don't the levels vary depending on the day and time of day? Would it make sense or be reasonable for his T levels to have been lower right when he got back from travelling to Brazil than they would be a few weeks later, two weeks before the fight, when he'd hopefully be getting the rest and nutrition, etc. he needs to be ready for the fight?

This whole story is so screwy. I don't buy into the conspiracy theory in the article linked in the OP (at least not yet), but I've lost any confidence I had left in the NAC.

Can't beat him in the cage so try to make up stuff out the cage. All dirty rumors to me. All he is guilty of is a wild night in Brazil. All these PED accusations and hiding under the cage chit is just silly. Guy has been fighting in the UFC for what 7 years now and never a trace of PED but now all of a sudden he is going to start?

His T/E levels were ABNORMALLY LOW, all 0.35:1 or lower. Justin Gatlin, who was banned from the Olympics, tested in a 0.5:1. The most common reason T/E levels are that low is because users take exogenous epitestosterone to mask their higher testosterone levels. Everything smells fishy about Jones...

wDCAGQX.png

Fans and haters alike need to pressure the AC to test the stored urine sample for synthetic testosterone. For better or worse, I want to know if Jones is clean or not. If he's innocent he deserves to have his name cleared and the haters can suck it. If he's dirty, he should be stripped of the title and two of Cormier/Gus/Rumble should fight for it.

This was a great read about JJ's failed drug test! Coke isnt the only problem........why is nobody talking about this?

People are talking about this, just not the people that should be talking about it. IE; The UFC and the NSAC....yet.

Shady shit going on. PR spinning at it's finest.

Not on this board. Even if a fighter is caught with a needle sticking out of him, there's going to be members saying "Not caught" or call BS. Because reasons...

"It was a vitamin type thing."

Can't beat him in the cage so try to make up stuff out the cage. All dirty rumors to me. All he is guilty of is a wild night in Brazil. All these PED accusations and hiding under the cage chit is just silly. Guy has been fighting in the UFC for what 7 years now and never a trace of PED but now all of a sudden he is going to start?

Why not?

Maybe his fight with Gus made him feel vulnerable?
Maybe he didn't think his natural talents and skills would be enough to beat DC?

There are probably millions of reason for why he might use PEDs.

The abnormal T/E ratio is not made up. It points at something. That something could be PED use or some sort of physical defect. The experts are saying that it is most likely PED use. For this to go away further tests need to be done, or the UFC and the NSAC could simply ignore it and sweep it under the carpet. If they do try to forget it, the fans and the media will not.

Answers will eventually appear. They might not be the answers we would like or expect though.

Interesting stuff with the T:E ratios. Regarding his actual T levels, don't the levels vary depending on the day and time of day? Would it make sense or be reasonable for his T levels to have been lower right when he got back from travelling to Brazil than they would be a few weeks later, two weeks before the fight, when he'd hopefully be getting the rest and nutrition, etc. he needs to be ready for the fight?

This whole story is so screwy. I don't buy into the conspiracy theory in the article linked in the OP (at least not yet), but I've lost any confidence I had left in the NAC.

Yeah his T could have been lower, but it doesn't explain the crazy increase in E. Matter of fact, there's nothing that can explain it except for:
a) disease
b) adding E (as a masking agent)

I have to agree. So many tests and he's never been found on PEDS. This is another example of his detractors trying to undermine him.

I doubt anyone believes that he just started.

ETA: Though, considering how close Gus came to taking his belt, and how Cormier was touted as a more dangerous opponent, it's not exactly a leap to think that he might have felt he needed a bit of help keeping his belt.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back