Explain to me why Conor is avoiding Gaethje?

Gaehtje is a PPV poison thats why.
Sad but likely true, casuals would walk past that guy on the street and not recognize him despite him being one of the most entertaining fighters in the UFC.

He's avoiding Gaethje because he knows Gaethje has been saving his all american wrestling for a match up like this. Conor has no footage on his skillset other than his striking. Gaethje murders him.
So he deliberately let himself lose to both Poirier and Alvarez in purely stand up wars and nearly lost to Johnson just to keep his wrestling under wraps should he need it against Conor? Yeah I'll buy that.

Yes, he is avoiding Gaethje.

There are dozensss of interviews with Conor saying that Gaethe can get it.

You're either too lazy to look
Can't comprehend what you read
Or just saying things

or Might be all of the above.........

Gaethje is a fucking nobody. His biggest win is Cerrone & the same people bigging him up will give McGregor no credit for killing the same guy. Dude wins 2 fights & all of a sudden you're ducking him. Unbelievable

That's 95% of what this forum is. Clueless people making threads assuming that professional fighters are scared of other professional fighters LOL

Being scared to fight someone isn't the only reason why one fighter might avoid another fighter. It's pretty clear that he didn't want anything to do with gaethje for his comeback fight and there are several reasons as to why that could be. Conor being scared is the least likely reason, but it doesn't mean he wasn't avoiding him all the same.

Who the fuck is Gaethje?

Look at all the fights Conor has been in post stardom.

Alvarez - Title fight
Diaz - Late replacement
Floyd - One of the greatest boxers of all time
Khabib - title fight
Cerrone - UFC legend with many records

What has Gaethje done to deserve that fight? He is a journeyman who happens to be on the rise lately, kinda like Masvidal (less popular version of him)

Gaethje is the JBG and that surpasses all man made accolades.

it is certainly curious why conor is purposely avoiding fighting any actual lightweight contenders in his attempt to fight for the title.

enough to make any rational person wonder what he's afraid of.

good question, ts.

He fought Cowboy to get his mojo back and make his next fight huge, he's got his hype back now.

He's probably gonna fight Masvidal next which is a tough fight then maybe winner vs winner of Khabib Tony.

He's not gonna be fighting any chumps next.

Conor McGregor a former 2 division UFC Champion has victory over Eddie Alvarez, the former UFC LW Champ who has a stoppage victory of former WSOF LW Champ Justin Gaethje.

Then why of a sudden Conor is avoiding Gaethje?
High risk. No rewards. Masvidal, Marty, Khabib, Floyd are all more lucrative, better for legacy and more exciting fights.

Conor McGregor a former 2 division UFC Champion has victory over Eddie Alvarez, the former UFC LW Champ who has a stoppage victory of former WSOF LW Champ Justin Gaethje.

I'll make it easy for you TS, he's not.

I actually couldn't think of a worse fight for Gaethje than Connor. Would go down exactly the Connor/Alvarez fight.

But let's be real, there isn't really any money making upside for Connor with a Gaethje fight. The only fights in the UFC which make sense for Connor, money wise, are Masvidal, Usman or Khabib.

Conor probably thought Gaethje was scheduled to face Oliveira and ended up facing Cowboy.

Because he might lose and he doesn't see Gaethje as a money fight.

Gaethje was KOed by McGregor's scraps, plus McGregor just obliterated his biggest win.

Yes Conor is avoiding Justin because he is scared.

Fucking coward is talking about a fight with a 170 killer like masvidal instead. he should be ashamed.

That's 95% of what this forum is. Clueless people making threads assuming that professional fighters are scared of other professional fighters LOL
I’ll count myself part of that 95%. We can only talk about Connor and ‘who’s the GOAT’ so much.

Gaethje is very overrated

Let’s narrow down his UFC career which is really a big upgrade from WSOF: he is 4-2, all his wins are average fighters

he’s lost to the 2 good fighters he’s faced, one being a post-prime Alverez who had lost his shine but found it vs an underpowered, rather overhyped Justin.

Back