explain to me how is Ronda Rousey the womens champion in the ufc

She got the belt by virtue of being the best in her division, isn't that what a belt signifies?

Rowdy Ronda was 4-0 as an amateur and is 6-0 as a professional. She has arm-barred all ten of her opponents in the first round, but here's why she deserves a UFC belt:

Median length of her four fights as amateur: 0:24
Median length of her six fights as professional: 0:44
Median length of her ten total fights: 0:39

She's pretty good.

She's better than pretty good.

Is there anyone in the UFC with a more impressive record? Not Jon Jones. Not Anderson Silva. Not George St. Pierre.

She got the belt by virtue of being the best in her division, isn't that what a belt signifies?

i have no hate for Ronda she is a great fighter. the topic was only a question

She's better than pretty good.

Is there anyone in the UFC with a more impressive record? Not Jon Jones. Not Anderson Silva. Not George St. Pierre.

um, they're a bit more proven overall, don't you think?

She was the SF champion. Zuffa owns SF. They transferred her from SF to the UFC. SF is done.

/thread

I think this was a sloppy attempt at bashing Rhonda. She will rag doll Carmouche anyway so why even bother?

so you think anyone that has 6 fights or less and is undefeated has a "better record" than jones, gsp and anderson?

thats some awesome logic.

no he did not, the fight was in the WEC not the UFC, so he was given the belt without fighting in the UFC.

sorry but he and aldo are the same in this regard.

Thats why after the fight they announced cruz as still the wec champ and the new ufc champ and he was given a ufc belt?

Same situation as Aldo/Cruz....they never fought in the UFC but their WEC Titles were upgraded to UFC Titles, since there wasn't already a division there. I don't mind Rousey getting the title, since there already isn't a WMMA Division.

The same way Aldo and Cruz were before they fought in the UFC.

aldo_ufc_belt.jpg

/thread

I think it's crazy how no one cared when Cruz and Aldo were awarded UFC belts, but when Ronda got one in the exact same way...

This more than a month old thread definitely needed a bump for that gif. I was just about to do it, but then you did it, and then I didn't have to do it anymore.

In conclusion,

tumblr_mc29mgmT9c1r1rhkto1_500.gif

Hahahahaha, I really wish I knew the context for Mr. Rodgers' double-barreled GTFO. He probably was reading some threads on this forum.

Back