Explain Rogan on Spotify

ha! I've got to think that his numbers have dropped dramatically just from moving to the app.

There is actually a historical example from early on in podcasting to learn from. The Ricky Gervais Podcast had massive listenership in he millions (especially since this was mid to late 00's), switched to a pay model and got <10k people to pay for the podcast from what I understand.

I think there's some merit in trying to get podcasts onto concentrated platforms and production umbrellas for advertising reasons, but pay models seem to never work.
Spotify has done this out of greed. I read an article a while back that mentioned Spotify wanted to become the go to podcast platform, and instead of naturally growing thier interests they go about buying established podcasts and platforms.

this model never works,
“Hey, that shit is super popular over there, we want that money let’s buy it and plug it into our platform that doesn’t perform in hopes of buying up and forcing subs”

Shit doesn’t work. Expect to see Rogans podcast go down the drain once they move over fully to Spotify exclusive pay sub model.

Expect to see podcasts in general drop off too.

I only watch podcasts on YouTube. They are free to the viewer and the content providers make money off the add sales, not the consumer.

If Rogan fully goes to Spotify , I’ll have to find another one to watch and someone will rise up and take his place sadly.

Never listen to a single episode

Back