Explain Davey Grant

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He beats Marlon Vera in the first fight, but now he's not just an underdog in the rematch, but a HUGE underdog?
WTF Ma!

Is there an explanation for this?

I'm hoping he gets the same combo ko he had in his last 2 fights.

had great potential as a fighter, but too old physically now to really make a splash.

Marlon Vera kinda sucked when Grant beat him, he had no stand up game. People throw around “improved fighter” every time someone wins especially on here, but Vera has improved tons since their first fight. He is a much more complete fighter now and has proven it with good wins and performances in the octagon.

Not saying Grant hasn’t, but the level of competition they’ve been facing isn’t even close.

Cheetos Rivera has alot of hype behind him for some bizarre reason.

Grants been good for a really long time, and I think he upsets Chito, even tho he should be favored

Forgot to place a bet before I left my legal state for a no fun one

how can you not do a $20 for funnies for +180 on the guy who won the first fight?

It's probably because oddsmakers add context to the reasoning behind their lines.

Davey Grant has gone 3-2 in the 5 years and 4 months (less than 1 fight per year average) since their first fight and it's been against lower tiered prospects. Losing to such "names" as Damian Stasiak and Manny Bermudez.

Meanwhile, Chito Vera has gone 9-4 since then (almost 3 fights per year), gradually improving his overall skills and rankings, against mostly tougher competition along the way. Out of his 4 losses, 1 was against Aldo in a fight Chito probably won and another was against Lineker when he was a top dog, by decision.

I like Davey Grant and he deserves this fight, but Vera is taking a step down to reclaim an old loss and the betting lines make sense for that.

Davey Grant is very underrated. Always in an exciting fight. A real shame his career was derailed with injuries. I like him in this one again.

He beats Marlon Vera in the first fight, but now he's not just an underdog in the rematch, but a HUGE underdog?
WTF Ma!

Is there an explanation for this?

hasnt he been out for years with injuries?

giphy.gif

Great fucking fight. Respect to both Vera and Grant. Betting lines should've been closer, but I got it 29-28 Vera. He took the 2nd round by reversing control and doing more on the ground. Round 1 was clearly Grant, round 3 clearly Vera.

I don't know what the judge who gave Vera 30-26 was smoking. I'm not mad at the 10-8 for round 3, but there's no way Vera won round 1.

Great fucking fight. Respect to both Vera and Grant. Betting lines should've been closer, but I got it 29-28 Vera. He took the 2nd round be reversing control and doing more on the ground. Round 1 was clearly Grant, round 3 clearly Vera.

I don't know what the judge who gave Vera 30-26 was smoking.

Yeah I had 29-28 Vera, that 30-26 card is horseshit

It was a great fight and Davey made my a fan.

Back