Expert British Strength Coach Said That Squats Aren’t Important

Noodles03

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
CgLqeeqWQAAZUh2.jpg

This British gentleman who is a creditable strength coach claimed that squats aren’t important. Now I’m not sure who to believe in.

Squats are an awesome tool...probably the best...but if you cant do squats, and instead go heavy on the leg press, will you still build big strong legs? Yeah, you will.

There is no "you must do this movement to succeed" movement. Some are superior to others (like squats over a leg press) but you cant tell me a genetic freak football player wouldnt be a genetic freak football player with lightning speed if he traded squats for leg press.

CgLqeeqWQAAZUh2.jpg

This British gentleman who is a creditable strength coach claimed that squats aren’t important. Now I’m not sure who to believe in.
I won't read this, but I'm sure he's either a dumbass or he is quite specific in how he feels about squats.

CgLqeeqWQAAZUh2.jpg

Would probably help if you provided a source so we could actually read or watch exactly what he said.

Guys, the source is in the OP. That's world-renowned S&C (scritchies and cuddling) expert Baron Thaddius M Woofleton. Surprised more people don't recognise him.

Guys, the source is in the OP. That's world-renowned S&C (scritchies and cuddling) expert Baron Thaddius M Woofleton. Surprised more people don't recognise him.
He's a pretty big deal over here in the UK

Squats train the entire lower body through the largest range of motion. No way in hell are they unimportant.

Squats train the entire lower body through the largest range of motion. No way in hell are they unimportant.
you know woofelton's books? i dare to say he has more knowledge of strength sports than larry ripetoe or the 5-3-1 guy.

please tell my competitors not to squat thanks...dont do deadlifts either while your at it

Back