Experiencing a weird back pain

Coolcatsithe

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't think this is quite worth seeing a doctor, but I am looking for any advice if any of you have had this pain.

It occurs when I'm on my back, and someone applies lots of body-weight pressure and I roll left or right on my back. Its a strange and sharp pain that shoots up the sides of my back, and it goes away fairly quick but I rolled today and it was a particularly bad hindrance.

I felt it a lot during a drill where I was on the bottom of side control and I snuck in my knee as to recover guard and the top person grabs my near ankle and pushes it to the ground and drives into me to roll me back off of my side. It was during this that the pain occurs.

Sorry if this is hard to follow, I gave it my best shot.

Sounds typical. Take some time off and use some anti-inflammatories is all the doctor will probably say. Stretch more and build muscle..

Best to see the doc tho.

any pain on deep inhalation? may be a strained rib if you do. small strains sprains tears are very common on the ribs tissue. also on the back, i recently had a back strain following a knee injury...all the gimpin around threw me out of wack. my doctor reccomended anti inflammitorys like naproxen sodium(aleve). ibuprophen is great but its hard on the GI tract.

gl

No I don't have any pain from inhaling, and it seems to feel extra-good when I do a bridge type stretch. I appreciate the responses guys. I just went home and put a cold pack on each side for 15mins and took about 800mg of ibuprofen. I never notice it though outside of rolling.

One question though. Is Aleve better in any way than normal ibuprofen as far as anti-inflammatory and health goes?

It sounds like you might have bruised/strained some ribs or damaged some of the cartilage in your ribs; rest.

No I don't have any pain from inhaling, and it seems to feel extra-good when I do a bridge type stretch. I appreciate the responses guys. I just went home and put a cold pack on each side for 15mins and took about 800mg of ibuprofen. I never notice it though outside of rolling.

One question though. Is Aleve better in any way than normal ibuprofen as far as anti-inflammatory and health goes?

I use both Naproxen and Ibuprofen, but I prefer Naproxen as it's easier on my stomach. And on't take them together.

I appreciate the replies everyone. Yeah, looks like I'll be focusing on my standup for a few days.

Might be some nerve pains from bulging discs, very common injury. And yes use medicines mentioned above to reduce inflammation.

I use both Naproxen and Ibuprofen, but I prefer Naproxen as it's easier on my stomach. And on't take them together.

Interesting. I have reflux, and ibuprofen always makes me sick. I've never tried Naproxen. Is it that much better?

Back