Experienced Reality based combateer V Pro MMA fighter on the street

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Seriously

Two men, same physical attributes (weight, age, muscle mass, coordination , speed etc), one trained in reality based combat (Senshido, Sammy Franco, lee morrison etc) for 10 years V a pro fighter who has trained MMA for competition for 10 years

On the street, but starting point is both fighters in a squared up position, no sneak attacks but otherwise genuine no rules. Both totally unarmed

Who gets judged by 12 ? and who gets carried by 6 ?

The trained fighter still have done more sparring against other fighters.

If MMA guy already competed in the high levels for a few years, my bet's on MMA guy. Nothing changes (and hones) a man better than fighting somebody who will gain concrete benefits due to your demise.

The mma fighter whose been training for 10 years. Unless the reality based combatant has had more then that military training, then my money is on the mma fighter.

navy seal wrecks both
so does a grey one.

uEggHCB.jpg

especially when the fight goes into ''deep water''

Didn't we have Krav Maga, combatives etc. guys in early MMA years when almost everything was legal? How did they do? One example:

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/moti-horenstein

In the end it's all about the practitioner, not the art. A shitty MMA guy would lose to a great Krav Maga guy.

Last edited:
Seriously

Two men, same physical attributes (weight, age, muscle mass, coordination , speed etc), one trained in reality based combat (Senshido, Sammy Franco, lee morrison etc) for 10 years V a pro fighter who has trained MMA for competition for 10 years

On the street, but starting point is both fighters in a squared up position, no sneak attacks but otherwise genuine no rules. Both totally unarmed

Who gets judged by 12 ? and who gets carried by 6 ?
Depends on something you haven't specified, the number of fights either one has been in.

Depends on something you haven't specified, the number of fights either one has been in.

Well I'm guessing 10 years of being a pro you got to have at least 17 fights, I don't know what he means by "experienced reality based combateer" but I'm just assuming he means a military or some paramilitary or something.

Truth be told I'm not really convinced that experienced veterans will beat an MMA fighter in a hand to hand fight. I knew a guy who was a royal marine and he himself admitted if he was ever in an MMA gym or BJJ gym, he got handled - and those were casuals. I think the level of hand to hand combat in the military is greatly over exaggerated. So I don't have much faith in 'reality based' martial arts.

If MMA guy already competed in the high levels for a few years, my bet's on MMA guy. Nothing changes (and hones) a man better than fighting somebody who will gain concrete benefits due to your demise.

Well, one of them is going to gain benefits from concrete.........

If the pro mma fighter is fighting a Sherdogger, he's fucked.

Truth be told I'm not really convinced that experienced veterans will beat an MMA fighter in a hand to hand fight. I knew a guy who was a royal marine and he himself admitted if he was ever in an MMA gym or BJJ gym, he got handled - and those were casuals. I think the level of hand to hand combat in the military is greatly over exaggerated. So I don't have much faith in 'reality based' martial arts.

I bet a state trooper can beat a marine in a fight, aparently in new jersey I don't know about everywhere else, state troopers are suppose to have a number a fights in boxing and mma before completing state trooper academy (that is according to a 54 year old co worker of mine who boxed with state troopers back in the day and said they needed to have some fights under their belts.

Unless that Pro is Ronda...........then it's 50/50.....

Nah it's 20/80 in favor of the sherdogger, Ronda is washed up and I watched a video of pro female mma champion named Michelle waterston who couldn't even hit a guy who was not even as experienced as her.

Nah it's 20/80 in favor of the sherdogger, Ronda is washed up and I watched a video of pro female mma champion named Michelle waterston who couldn't even hit a guy who was not even as experienced as her.

Get back to your Mai Tai training..............Ronda teh Roidz

Back