Expect more body shots from Conor McGregor

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He had made a slight comment about the body shots landed in their first fight. Nate has a tendency to guard high or sway back, leaving his body exposed. Conor hasnt really talked about Body shots much so I expect this to be a big part of his game August 20th.

You're right about one thing. He's gonna get "bodied" again and I'll be here to fire many a "shot" at the fanboys.

Conor-McGregor-vs-Nate-Diaz.jpg

The only shot for him to win is if he goes Down low. He needs to work the leg kicks early.

Aren't body shots risky when you have a reach disadvantage & scared of getting taken down?

Honestly I can't recall if Diaz even had much of a reach advantage. Plus I doubt Diaz goes for a takedown. Even though he'd sumbit Conor quick if he did.

Aren't body shots risky when you have a reach disadvantage & scared of getting taken down?

Honestly I can't recall if Diaz even had much of a reach advantage. Plus I doubt Diaz goes for a takedown. Even though he'd sumbit Conor quick if he did.
Last time Diaz went for a takedown, he got swept and controlled by Conor until the end of the round.

Nate's the better boxer and body shots are part of boxing. Conor isn't going to surprise him with anything.

Would that not just leave him open to more slaps to the mouth?

Conor might want to actually defend submission attempts rather than simply giving up like he did last time...

Probably but Nate can handle them more then Conor can. Inb4 abs mean you can handle body shots.

actually in boxing the strategy against a guy taller than you with longer reach is usually get inside and work the body so its really only the takedowns from the clinch that make it risky for him

Back