Exorcist 3 Legion - the best horror movie no one ever talks about

Prefect

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I caught this movie recently and it is on point. It is about a detective played by George C. Scott investigating a murder that is related to those done by the now dead Gemini Killer 17 years earlier. It doesn't start as a demon movie just like the first Exorcist. In the first Exorcist, it starts off as just a mouth ,an athiest, trying to figure out what is wrong with her daughter by visiting doctor after doctor. Legion in the same vein starts off with a detective that has unbelief in the supernatural. The dialogue is sharp. All the performances are great. A lot of the horror is cut from early or you see it after it happened so you have to imagine what happened. It is a slow burning movie that feels very dark. It is on Amazon Prime right now if you want to catch it. It is too bad it is ignored because Exorcist 2 was a slop job money grab.

https://www.amazon.com/Exorcist-III...d=1&keywords=exorcist+3&qid=1603568633&sr=8-2

Yes that is an underrated one! I think someone uploaded it to youtube but it was removed.

The old lady on the ceiling gave me nightmares as a kiddo. As an adult I think it was a great continuation of the Exorcist storyline.

Last edited:
I agree. Was just having a similar conversation with a bud the other day.

Y'all motherfuckers be trackin me.

White Shadow out.

The scene with the White ninja looking dude who cuts off the Nurses head creeped me the hell out. It was scary when I was younger but the old horror movies just don't cut it for me anymore. If you are into possession type horror movies I strongly encourage you to watch the taking of Deborah Logan.

I caught this movie recently and it is on point. It is about a detective played by George C. Scott investigating a murder that is related to those done by the now dead Gemini Killer 17 years earlier. It doesn't start as a demon movie just like the first Exorcist. In the first Exorcist, it starts off as just a mouth ,an athiest, trying to figure out what is wrong with her daughter by visiting doctor after doctor. Legion in the same vein starts off with a detective that has unbelief in the supernatural. The dialogue is sharp. All the performances are great. A lot of the horror is cut from early or you see it after it happened so you have to imagine what happened. It is a slow burning movie that feels very dark. It is on Amazon Prime right now if you want to catch it. It is too bad it is ignored because Exorcist 2 was a slop job money grab.

https://www.amazon.com/Exorcist-III...d=1&keywords=exorcist+3&qid=1603568633&sr=8-2
It's okay. It blows Exorcist II out of the water but still lives in the shadow of the original.

The scene with the White ninja looking dude who cuts off the Nurses head creeped me the hell out. It was scary when I was younger but the old horror movies just don't cut it for me anymore. If you are into possession type horror movies I strongly encourage you to watch the taking of Deborah Logan.

I had seen the "shocking scene" in gif form a gerbillion times and was still shocked when I saw it. Great flick.

It's a great single take as well

It's one of my favourites, I've watched the director's cut the last few times and it is a completely different movie than the original Exorcist III

I watched the original III last night and while it's still a great film, I much prefer the DC as it is a much less supernatural movie, more a straight up serial killer thriller with a twist. Just a shame a lot of the footage of Brad Dourif in the DC is work print only, as it will turn a lot of people off from enjoying it

And the carp scene is one of those awesome offbeat little moments in a movie

I do need to get around to watching the Legion cut, the original versions I would say is a bit uneven, some parts of it I think you can tell the budget was a bit limited but the cell scenes with Douif, C Scott and Jason Miller are all superb and genuinely unsettling, some of the other stuff like the infamous shears as well of course.

Back