Social Exhibit A of Healthcare cost problem in USA

He went to the doctor because a cat scratched him??
I wouldn't want to be forced to share healthcare costs with people like that either.
That’s my thing. Use some soap dude

my buddy is a firefighter, used to be an Emt in Kansas City and he said the poor people would call 911 and get ambulance rides for free across town and then just walk away
tenor.gif

This should be front and center for the coming elections. America should be number one in health care

This should be front and center for the coming elections. America should be number one in health care

It usually is. Remember last election? It was a pillar of Trumps campaign. Repeal and replace Obamacare. its gonna be so easy.

The problem is that politics corrupted healthcare and they saw the profits to be made.

Your system is not affordable, sustainable, equitable or efficient. It is a total rape of the most vulnerable, the sick and the dying.

The healthy can't even contemplate let alone afford being sick.

people game the system like a national pastime here

If American were full of Japanese people, it’d work. Japanese don’t loot after disasters.
And yet, the Japanese have a universal healthcare system..

Our tax dollars subsidize research and development of healthcare for privatized profits. And us defending Canada from who? From fucking who? Who has tried invading Canada in the last 100 years? Fucking no one. That is a bull shit excuse just so you can keep taking it in the ass from big corporations. Well the rest of us don't like getting fucked in the ass. So how about you cut the bullshit and just sign up for grinder instead of weighing in on health care?
Is Canada energy independent? Then we protect Canada from having to bend the knee to foreign countries they rely on for energy.

EG -- What if every time a Canadian politician or journalist criticized a ME country, they simply cut off your oil until you shut up, apologize, prosecute the journalist, and promise to never do it again?

Does Canada rely on international imports? Then we protect Canada from having to bend the knee to foreign countries situated near shipping lanes they rely on.

EG -- What if every time a Canadian politician or journalist criticized a country in a strait, they simply "detained" your cargo ships until you shut up, apologize.... What navy would you do anything about that with -- the Canadian navy?

Europeans and Canadians don't realize that these things actually happen --and would otherwise happen all the time-- because America has protected them like children from the real world for such a long time.

Is Canada energy independent? Then we protect Canada from having to bend the knee to foreign countries they rely on for energy.

EG -- What if every time a Canadian politician or journalist criticized a ME country, they simply cut off your oil until you shut up, apologize, prosecute the journalist, and promise to never do it again?

Does Canada rely on international imports? Then we protect Canada from having to bend the knee to foreign countries situated near shipping lanes they rely on.

EG -- What if every time a Canadian politician or journalist criticized a country in a strait, they simply "detained" your cargo ships until you shut up, apologize.... What navy would you do anything about that with -- the Canadian navy?

Europeans and Canadians don't realize that these things actually happen --and would otherwise happen all the time-- because America has protected them like children from the real world for such a long time.

So you are saying that these countries produce nothing and have no sort of trade agreements? And that there aren't multiple countries they could buy imports and oil from? So free market capitalism doesn't work essentially. That's what you are saying?

I would think that exhibit A would be the number of bankruptcies due to medical bills.

So you are saying that these countries produce nothing and have no sort of trade agreements?
Paper.

And that there aren't multiple countries they could buy imports and oil from?
At what price premium (why would they sell to you instead of their existing customers)? In what shipping lanes? Etc.

So free market capitalism doesn't work essentially. That's what you are saying?
Yes.

Not sure what you mean here. That a trade agreement is just paper?

At what price premium (why would they sell to you instead of their existing customers)? In what shipping lanes? Etc.

They would sell to you in addition to existing customers. You could say the opposite about the country choosing to cut off another nation. They then lose that source of income. Who will they sell to instead? And who would be willing to do business with a nation that acts so hostile towards others?

My man B)

Paper.

Yes.

You think the supply country takes no hit and is totally cool doing that to every customer? Cause they gotta sell to someone. Those OPEC countries are built 100% on trade. They have literally nothing else. Nothing.

given that he doesnt have rabies, perhaps in the future if he is concerned about healthcare costs he would be wise to take care of his health in the ways i suggested...

for every conversation we have about healthcare costs, we should also be talking about why people are so damn unhealthy in the first place. it all begins with diet, exercise, and sleep. As much as we demand affordable healthcare, so too should Americans be crying out for a shorter work week, and gov’t-subsidized bicycles and running shoes.
USFDA could also actually do their job and properly regulate the food industry, and not feed Americans bullshit on what nutrition is.

And why are there mandatory classes on things like geometry, and not something like basic nutrition, health, and cooking?
Priorities are totally out of wack

USFDA could also actually do their job and properly regulate the food industry, and not feed Americans bullshit on what nutrition is. Ak
FDA Mission
The Food and Drug Administration is responsible for protecting the public health by ensuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, and medical devices; and by ensuring the safety of our nation's food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation
Does not include choosing the menu or eliminating free will.
And why are there mandatory classes on things like geometry, and not something like basic nutrition, health, and cooking?Priorities are totally out of wack
It's been a while, but I had classes in all those things. And from the snippets my teenage son shares about his school life, he has had classes in that as recently as last year. He got a B+ in "Teen Living" and it was move over Gordon Ramsey! (For a week. And then it was "can you help me make this Mac & Cheese?" again.)

FDA Mission
The Food and Drug Administration is responsible for protecting the public health by ensuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, and medical devices; and by ensuring the safety of our nation's food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation
Does not include choosing the menu or eliminating free will.

It's been a while, but I had classes in all those things. And from the snippets my teenage son shares about his school life, he has had classes in that as recently as last year. He got a B+ in "Teen Living" and it was move over Gordon Ramsey! (For a week. And then it was "can you help me make this Mac & Cheese?" again.)
Yeah, obviously no one is making the argument that a government agency is mind controlling the public, or should force people to eat healthy.
But a government agency is trusted by people and they're misinforming/inadequately informing them on proper nutrition and the safety of products. Tons of people are completely clueless on basic nutrition.
If we're paying for this agency to exist, it should actually be doing the job it was created to do.
We have to give people the right information before they can make the right choices. There's too many obvious loopholes to get around food regulations

I know that those classes exist in some capacity, and in some places. I'm saying they should be mandatory..or at least be an available option. You're going to get a lot more out of a nutrition, personal finance, and cooking class than you would from geometry or French.
Those classes weren't offered in my high school. And I didnt go on to be a welder or carpenter from the metal shop and wood shop classes I took.

I do find it amazing how unsure doctors are of prices. I understand part of that can be how much insurance covers but usually they don’t even know without. I’ve had to call three different groups (insurer, hospital, outside physician coming to the hospital) multiple times to try to track down how much I would pay out of pocket and despite multiple calls, I was still off by about $800+. It’s fucked up.

Our tax dollars subsidize research and development of healthcare for privatized profits. And us defending Canada from who? From fucking who? Who has tried invading Canada in the last 100 years? Fucking no one. That is a bull shit excuse just so you can keep taking it in the ass from big corporations. Well the rest of us don't like getting fucked in the ass. So how about you cut the bullshit and just sign up for grinder instead of weighing in on health care?
You're welcome.

OT- but cats are diseased animals and cause lots of problems. The dogs of peace people should pay attention to this thread.

Back