Exhausting the libraries?

DownwardStrike

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Rather than buy one of those newfangled consoles, I bought a PS3 last November, mainly to play Demon Souls. I'm just wondering how many people are exhausting the libraries of the last gen consoles before "upgrading". Personally, I've just started on Infamous 2 after a DS2 marathon and am loving it, as well as reminiscing with some FF.

I made the money and put it aside to buy a PS4 at launch but when it came out but ended up deciding against it. Instead im just buying every single game I wanted to play for the PS3 and 360. I think its the right decision for someone who doesn't need the latest and greatest. More then likely it will take a killer app (Fallout 4) for me to jump on the PS4.

I made the money and put it aside to buy a PS4 at launch but when it came out but ended up deciding against it. Instead im just buying every single game I wanted to play for the PS3 and 360. I think its the right decision for someone who doesn't need the latest and greatest. More then likely it will take a killer app (Fallout 4) for me to jump on the PS4.

I hear you. At the moment, there is nothing that would make me change my current path. Hope for the best, fear for the worst D.

I'm going backwards. I'm looking to play old SNES and PS1 games that I missed from way back when.

New games are to expensive. So I'd rather go through the $5 bin at the store and find a game I never got a chance to play. Wait for the newer games prices to drop. The only game I want to pay full price for is MLB 14, cause the rosters will be out of date next year.

I got a PS4 recently simply because I could, there's a LONG ass line to get one, and I want one for when the UFC game ships. Other than that, for now, there's only one interesting game for it, and that's infamous second son. Still not interesting enough for me to buy it, for now I'll just keep playing resogun and stick it to the man. On my Vita.

I got a PS4 recently simply because I could, there's a LONG ass line to get one, and I want one for when the UFC game ships. Other than that, for now, there's only one interesting game for it, and that's infamous second son. Still not interesting enough for me to buy it, for now I'll just keep playing resogun and stick it to the man. On my Vita.

Hmm I see at least 2 PS4s for sale every time I go to Walmart.

Hmm I see at least 2 PS4s for sale every time I go to Walmart.

I imagine a large part of the reason we don't get any here in norway is that they're expensive to sell here.
By law they have to offer 5 years warranty, so any unit they can sell pretty much anywhere else in the fucking world is likely to be a larger net gain.

I signed up to buy mine mid march or so and got it two weeks ago, and I know a guy.

Much easier getting xbox ones, and those aren't even shipping here until november or something.

im pretty much the samething, darksouls 2 has been keeping my void filled and same with stalker misery mod

I imagine a large part of the reason we don't get any here in norway is that they're expensive to sell here.
By law they have to offer 5 years warranty, so any unit they can sell pretty much anywhere else in the fucking world is likely to be a larger net gain.

I signed up to buy mine mid march or so and got it two weeks ago, and I know a guy.

Much easier getting xbox ones, and those aren't even shipping here until november or something.

Ahh that makes sense. I had no idea you weren't in the states. That really sucks for you guys in Norway. If that was the case over here I probably would have picked one up when I got the chance also.

I have a lot to play on my X360 yet, I don't even care about the new gen, just read news at this point.

I have dozens of 360, PS3 and Wii games that I still haven't played. I'm not planning on upgrading until I've gotten through all the games I'm really interested in playing. Which is actually quite a few.

Just added to my back log yesterday with the additions of South Park and Portal 2 for the grand total of 27 bucks.

I'm the same.
I still have a few games i bought on STEAM that i haven't even installed, and a few others i haven't finished.
And then, i have EVE Online, Minecraft, DayZ, Europa Universalis IV... which being "sandbox" deliver infinite gameplay hours.
There's many good games like GTA, Dark Souls, Demon Souls, etc, which i also haven't even bought for this current gen.

Why get the next one? Meh. I'll wait until there's a bunch of titles and the price drops. Plenty of quality gaming around.

I've only owned a PC since 2011, so I'm catching loads of classic games I'd read about for years, but couldn't play.

By far and away the biggest time sink last year was Rome: TW 1 + Europa Barbaroum played on low-end graphics settings.

Not sure I'll even bother with this gen of consoles.

Even as I get older and have the means to buy whatever games I want I am at the point where I never buy a single player game for 60+, it just isn't worth it.
I buy indie games and multiplayer gamesfor full price but I refuse to buy something when it is new unless there is a good reason for it. I would rather support a smaller dev than buy some AAA shit that has 20 hours of gameplay and is released in need of extensive patching.

I'm still playing my PS3 more than anything else. Now that games are cheap, I made a list of every possible game that I would like to play or had missed over the years and have slowly been buying and beating them. I think I've played and beat a good 25+ games on the system the last year or so.

I've purposely not played any of the Souls games yet due to not enjoying getting mad while gaming and not wanting to spend 50+ hours on a single game but I guess it's inevitable since people still talk about them.

I'm still playing my PS3 more than anything else. Now that games are cheap, I made a list of every possible game that I would like to play or had missed over the years and have slowly been buying and beating them. I think I've played and beat a good 25+ games on the system the last year or so.

I've purposely not played any of the Souls games yet due to not enjoying getting mad while gaming and not wanting to spend 50+ hours on a single game but I guess it's inevitable since people still talk about them.

Demon's souls is damn near free at this point, well worth playing through.
They're not for everyone but they are very well made games.

I also find the difficulty is pretty overstated, you just need to be very deliberate about how you go about playing them.

I also find the difficulty is pretty overstated, you just need to be very deliberate about how you go about playing them.

that series is more of a puzzle than an action game. Once you figure out something you can easily do it forever. As opposed to the other current standouts for difficulty like NG:Sigma that is still hard ever after you know everything about a level.

Back