exercises / good ways to strengthen your (lower) back .. ?

Also I like doing dead lifts then afterwards superset with superman's, since I feel the dead lift 2/3 legs, and 1/3 back, I feel like it really targets my back afterwards

Oke a little update, i went to our local gym today.. i liked it, the gym guy seems to know what hes doing ..

... they have of course a power rack, and a back extension machine, too; but no machine for glute ham raises.

So i think ill just be doing deadlifts, squats, good mornings, back extension and reverse hypers.. will that be enough?

And one more question, it was the first time i squated and deadlifted, so the instructor showed me how to do these exercises properly.. he then suggested that i should start by doing five sets of deadlifts or squats each containing 10 - 15 reps..

.. he said it would be smartest to start with a high number of sets with a lot of repetitons, cause that way i could use a lighter weight, get used to the exercise and get good form, and prevent injuries that way.. .. he said i could go to 5 x 5 or 5 x 3 later on, once im used to the movement and the exercise..

is that a good, smart idea; did he give me correct advise? (just to be sure ;) )

Oke a little update, i went to our local gym today.. i liked it, the gym guy seems to know what hes doing ..

... they have of course a power rack, and a back extension machine, too; but no machine for glute ham raises.

So i think ill just be doing deadlifts, squats, good mornings, back extension and reverse hypers.. will that be enough?

And one more question, it was the first time i squated and deadlifted, so the instructor showed me how to do these exercises properly.. he then suggested that i should start by doing five sets of deadlifts or squats each containing 10 - 15 reps..

.. he said it would be smartest to start with a high number of sets with a lot of repetitons, cause that way i could use a lighter weight, get used to the exercise and get good form, and prevent injuries that way.. .. he said i could go to 5 x 5 or 5 x 3 later on, once im used to the movement and the exercise..

is that a good, smart idea; did he give me correct advise? (just to be sure ;) )

it is very rare to find a place with a glute hamstring raise "machine" if the safety bar on the power rack can go low enough do them in it just place a towel or something under your knees, if that doesn't work you could just put weight on a bar and brace it against the frame of the power rack. Also see if there is a situp bench with the padded braces on the lower portion that your feet just fit under, then have someone sit on the bench when you work out (that is what I do at home).

Back