Excuses

• Thread starter Deleted member 385619
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 385619

Why are fans, journalist's and trainers so openly accepting of fighter excuses or making excuses for them.

The biggest I hear for Barao is the punch in the first. I call bullshit, Baroa faught very hard, he tagged tj several times which is his trademark, He capitalizes on his opponents mistakes or any sign of damage. T.J is just better, atleast on saturday. Why cheapen a masterpiece with bullshit reasons for Baraos demise. He lost while fighting hard and showing tremendous heart

In this case I am not suggesting barao is making excuses. People are doing it for him

Last edited by a moderator:
Is getting rocked with a punch an excuse? IMO excuses are things beyond a fighters control like: I hurt myself in training, I had food poisoning, my dog died etc.

If you thing the "first round punch" is and excuse, then you are really stupid. He called what happened and didn't take anything away from TJ.

Also, some people want to say how they feel, instead of repeating a few lines of bullshit mambo jambo we are tired of hearing.

If they are not lying, it is more a more legit opinion than those same "I tried and failed, props to him. I'll train harder with my team partners and come back stronger, etc"

Some people don't understand the difference btw excuses and explanations.

Sorry, but that shows how little you know of the subject.
Someone gets rocked early on, many times they don't recover well, and fight on auto-pilot.

That means: they fight well, but just out of instinct. Because their life, their training, many things they do it is because it becomes like a reflex from all their training.

Obviously not everyone is the same, nor every KO is equal. but it happens, and often enough.

If the fighters start just repeating the same lines due to pressure of some stupid fans, I'd rather not listen to them again. More information is always better than less.

Tony Kornheiser don't take athletes to his shows because of that, for example.

Barao took the loss like a man.
Besides that, TJ looked in my eyes better in the first, than in the second round. Because he looked for the knockout in the second, fighting not very smart.
In the third and forth Barao couldn't go the pace anymore and took too much damage.

That Zombiemode from a punch happens all the time though. Change of gameplan isn't possible from that on and he fights on instinct.

Journalists asked what happened and the guy just explained what went on in the fight.

Really,there'd be no need for him to tell us how the first punch really hurt him.Even Rogan said he wouldn't be able to come back after that punch.

It's not an excuse.

You excuse nitpickers are a cancer.

Fighters lose, things do happen out of their control.

In this case, he is not saying any such thing. He is saying TJ beat him by hurting him so badly in the first.

Why are fans, journalist's and trainers so openly accepting of fighter excuses or making excuses for them.

The biggest I hear for Barao is the punch in the first. I call bullshit, Baroa faught very hard, he tagged tj several times which is his trademark, He capitalizes on his opponents mistakes or any sign of damage. T.J is just better, atleast on saturday. Why cheapen a masterpiece with bullshit reasons for Baraos demise. He lost while fighting hard and showing tremendous heart

I find the punch an excuse also, i though the fight should have been stopped in the first round but people would call that a fluke, Barao conected TJ with punches that would have finish other BW's; he threw a lot of spinning kicks which TJ just avoid by moving, is incredible i've never been so fanatic with a new champ, not even with Chris. I just couldnt see TJ winning

I find the punch an excuse also

i though the fight should have been stopped in the first round

Am I the only one who thinks these two parts don't make sense when put together?

If he is not discrediting TJ, saying it was the punch that rocked him (and not some Travis Browne-ish "I rocked myself"), then it is a perfect explanation.

Would Bader be making excuses if he said "Yeah, that Machida punch KOd me"?

Back