Excuses

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by DickNiaz1, Sep 29, 2013.

1. DickNiaz1

DickNiaz1 Purple Belt

I'm tired of top fighters making up excuses that fans actually believe. Lets review the recent 2 coming from champs.

Anderson: A second rib injury. Anderson is now saying that his rib was injured for the Weidman fight. There was a rumor going around that his rib was hurt again before the fight and Anderson responded to the rumor dispelling it completely and saying that he was 100%. I remember in the video Anderson was laughing about it and basically implying that the media was lying. I gave Anderson the benefit of the doubt in the first Chael fight even thought it really didn't seem he was injured, but now I have to call bullshit.

Jones: This is the P4P worst excuse in the history of all sports. He's stated that he was only at 70%, but not because of injury. "I just didn't feel right." Yeah Jones you didn't feel right because you are used to an extreme size advantage and dominating your opponents. You didn't feel right because Gus was busting you up. You can't be anything less than 100% unless you are injured. That is the only time you can say that you're not at your normal state. You're at 70% because Gus beat 30% out of you. (Really more like he beat 90% out of you and you were at 10%)

A man does not make excuses. A champion among men should never even consider it.

2. TFanatic

TFanatic Silver Belt

Every current champion in the UFC except Barao has made an excuse for a loss. Fighters make excuses, or give reasons depending on how you look at it.

3. Degen Gambler

Degen Gambler Silver Belt

I don't mind excuses if they come out the next fight and look better. Cain said he was hurt the first JDS fight and then he came out and stomped him in the rematch. Nothing wrong with that.

4. yekmurat

yekmurat Silver Belt

those guys train hard mate,I mean very very hard,have you ever trained hard?have you ever punched in the face by a very very tough SOB?those guys lives this way,and they can have excuses ıts normal man..weidman is the best he is a good guy..I back lol

5. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

6. les elroy

les elroy Purple Belt

This shit is annoying, but not worth sweating the small stuff like this. -same goes for the hype and trash talking false or real.

7. philbr

philbr Purple Belt

Its funny cause anderson said right after "its no excuse for my performance" and goes on saying chris beat him, was the better fighter and so on....

8. Da Speeit

Da Speeit CANCEROUS POSTER Platinum Member

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    Anderson's trolling

9. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

JJ won, so he can make excuses

10. Break Brick

Break Brick Black Belt

How the fuck have I not seen this before?

11. Anderson is trolling Jones, lighten up people. By now you should know the only time he's serious is when that cage door closes :D

12. Jesse James

Jesse James Chastity Belt

Good comment - I agree...

13. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

Mir is awful for excuses nowadays

14. Jesse James

Jesse James Chastity Belt

Something you should know....apparently you don't - so I will enlighten you...when you make excuses for a fighter who makes excuses especially a champion - U make yourself look as bad as the excuse maker....Stop it!! U Anderson fans have already made it clear that you feel he lost because he was fooling around the whole time & "playing" with Weidman after the cage door closedNow you say "the only time he's serious is when that cage door closes! You can't have it both ways!!

15. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Cartoon

No he can't. Because he won in such a controversial way, and was criticized for not being the usual dominant one.

So he's making an excuse as some sort of a defence mechanism, just like a fighter who lost would have. It's actually even worse for him to make an excuse, a really horrible one at that.

16. Brandon Wilson

Brandon Wilson Amateur Fighter

Holy shit!!!!! That is fucking awesome :icon_chee

17. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

Amderson made an excuse for a fight that he won by submission.

IMO, Kos was only 34% after his first round with GSP and would have posed a greater challenge if he had been over 83%, according to my complex calculations.

18. J.T.

J.T. White Belt

How often is a fighter actually 100% for a fight?

19. You clearly missed the joke despite the obviousness of it. Something tells me I'm not the one who should be looking for enlightenment here, but I'm probably twice your age so I understand.

First of, I'm a fan of almost every fighter as I enjoy watching the sport. I think it's ok to have a fighter you cheer for above all others, but anyone that trashes fighters without ever having met them is a simpleton.

Bottom line is, these guys do this for our entertainment. Not to mention, every fighter ive had the chance to meet was super nice to all the fans. When you compare it to baseball or basketball players, these guys are very humble and friendly.

I like Anderson because he's had a great career full of highlight kos and is a funny dude. I'm also not a teen who takes everything he says at face value. Does that mean I hate everyone he fights? Absolutely not. I think weidman is a great young fighter who's overcome a lot and id probably pick him to win again. He's very well rounded and will have a great career.

And no, Silva didn't lose because he was clowning, he lost because he got punched in the head really hard.

20. ThePetto

ThePetto White Belt

Let's hope that Anderson and Jones are playing mind games. Anything else would be the bad sportsmanship.