Excuses why Ronda and Cyborg won't fight each other

I don't get it. Cyborg signed a UFC contract that says she has to fight once outside the UFC at 135lbs - then title shot. Her nutritionist says she can make 135 in December no problem. Why is she fighting at 140 (supposedly) in Invicta, and how does that make a Rousey fight in the UFC more likely to happen?

She is trying to see whether having 30lb advantage over her opponents really was the only reason for her success, small steps I guess

I very much understand how contracts work, I make them all the time. If Ronda asked for the fight, the ufc can just change the contract and make the fight.

I don't think I've ever witnessed someone as thoroughly owned as you have been and still prattle on:
eddie-izzard-plugging-his-ears-o.gif

*if* you were familiar with the constructs of contracts (doubting this) you'd understand there is a probationary grace period or wage stipulation dependent on the persons proof they can perform the job they are hired for.

As provided and sourced in this thread, Cris was inked for 135 and pulled out. Twice, by my count. Therefore she has lost any benefit of a verbal agreement/trust that would be afforded to a client without a track record of inability to perform under agreed terms*.

You have been taken to task. Digest it, own up to it, and go on about your way as a better informed individual.

* let's not forget that she was found in violation of steroid use, failed weigh-ins, and weight scale manipulation. None of this warrants trust of a one-off 135lb match.

I don't get it. Cyborg signed a UFC contract that says she has to fight once outside the UFC at 135lbs - then title shot. Her nutritionist says she can make 135 in December no problem. Why is she fighting at 140 (supposedly) in Invicta, and how does that make a Rousey fight in the UFC more likely to happen?

She's trying to get attention and milk this situation. Probably if she wanted to go all the way down for her next fight she could. She instead chooses to fight at 140 knowing that she will be "the opponent that is coming down for Rousey", and the fight will be one babystep closer to happening, she'll have more leverage in her upcoming fights, more media exposure, sponsors, etc. I don't think Cyborg is ducking, she is just delaying the Rousey fight as much as she can to collect a lot of paychecks along the way, since once the fight happens she will lose a lot of relevance.

Back