Excuses...how many you got?

i have no excuses.

i got off of machines and got on the bar about 10 months ago. i look forward to working out. being aware of what others accomplish keeps me humble and motivated.

I have absolutely nothing to complain about. This thread gives me perspective. I was get annoyed at my hand injuries from time to time (avulsion fracture in knuckle, fractured and torn thumb in other hand) because I can't deadlift without straps or use dumbbells for pressing. But that's nothing compared to what others face.

The entire generation was in comparison to us. I am referring to my grandparents generation, which would mean great-grandparents to many posting here. (they would all be over 100 years of age if they were still around). For them the depression was a warm-up prior to kicking Hitler and Tojo's asses in a gigantic tag-team match. Hell, one of my grandmothers who never worked outside the home (I say this carefully because the amount of work she did at home, by hand, was scary)* learned how to operate a torch and welded in a shipyard during WWII while my grandfather was gone for years. At one point she did not know if he was alive or dead for nearly two years, having not been able to get word back from him.

Now you see guys cry like little girls on the Ultimate Fighter because they are gone from home for a few weeks? Please.

*I say this because on several occasions where I pissed my grandfather off he would "gently insist" that I help her out around the house. Nothing like being a hockey player/fighter and getting turned into a complete bitch by a 60 year old woman who never quite made it to five feet tall.

Truly cut from a different cloth back then. My gramps will still go put in a harder days work than most people my age.

also... painkillers are poison.. do more hurt than good. Glad I learned that early on.

I am one of those guys that has had a nice, easy time. Besides the normal wear-and-tear, my health's been good. I'm not trying to rub it in or anything; that's just how it goes sometimes, I guess.

Just curious what injuries you battle but still continue to train without it stopping you. Sometimes you think you have it bad, but then you hear of someone else having it worse which can actually be inspiring. I just hear so many people around my life that have excuses for their unhealthy lifestyle. I Pray I never become one of them.

Age 34 - 5'10" 170 - 1st year Muay Tai
Mine are minor, and haven't stopped me yet. Mentally I don't think about it, if you do you'll feel the pain.

(Nagging left hand) Spiral fractured all 4 bones down to the wrist.

(Nagging left shoulder) Broken left shoulder (ball joint), caused a torn rotator cuff - surgery not recommended since it's healing. (Doc says take it easy, I said "guess I'll have to build all the muscles around my rotator cuff stronger"..so far so good)

(Nagging right knee) Broken right knee/Tibial Plateau Fracture.

Heart Condition called Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) - Had to have my heart stopped and restarted twice by injection.

Some will laugh at this one, but oddly enough the hardest of them all is chronic migraines. Those who get them know the damage. I've found a way to slow them down though.

What are yours? :D

Nike No Excuses Commercial
This is a troll thread. If there was anything at all collectively useful about this thread topic you wouldn't be such an obvious Prima donna about your personal life.

alcoholism and ptsd. does micro penis count?
Would be nearly impossible to be dying from alcoholism suffering from ptsd and lifting productively or taking part in a martial art. I'm not explaining the brain chemistry behind this highly implausible scenario because you're obviously just a clown without a circus to work for.

Back