Exclusive Interview with Yuriorkis Gamboa

Yuri better be on his A-game, Darling is no cream-puff.

Last fight he was supposed to lose he kicked Anchando's ass.

Yuri better be on his A-game, Darling is no cream-puff.

Last fight he was supposed to lose he kicked Anchando's ass.

seriously? How good is that dude Darling? I figured they were feeding Yuri cupcakes or something?

He's sturdy and hits pretty well. I think all of his last fights since 2004 he's won by KO or TKO.

Im just excited to see gamboa fight again :icon_chee but he needs to keep those hands up

I listened to Gamboa's interview in Spanish, and he didn sound so cocky there. He actually praised Pacquiao: "He is the top fighter(in 130) now. Let's see what happens when i get a shot at the world championship." That exactly what he said.

I listened to Gamboa's interview in Spanish, and he didn sound so cocky there. He actually praised Pacquiao: "He is the top fighter(in 130) now. Let's see what happens when i get a shot at the world championship." That exactly what he said.

Paq's moving on up from 130 though

I honestly doubt Jimenez could take his pucnches, even though is a good fighter and everything. Honestly, the only fighter i could see beating Gamboa now is Pacquiao. For now. And i might be wrong too. Certainly, he has had only 9 pro fights, but 425 amateur fights! If u ever get to watch a Cuban amateur championship you'll know what im talking about. As to the other guy Valero, i think he stands almost no chance against Gamboa and Ive watched several of his fights. Yuri is just a phenom.

This is going to be great; I'll definitely tune in. Gamboa by KO!

I honestly doubt Jimenez could take his pucnches, even though is a good fighter and everything. Honestly, the only fighter i could see beating Gamboa now is Pacquiao. For now. And i might be wrong too. Certainly, he has had only 9 pro fights, but 425 amateur fights! If u ever get to watch a Cuban amateur championship you'll know what im talking about. As to the other guy Valero, i think he stands almost no chance against Gamboa and Ive watched several of his fights. Yuri is just a phenom.

He's certainly not a phenom, there's plenty guys around who resemble Gamboa, and he's certainly no better than Joan Guzman. The difference between the two is Guzman has been tested against an utterly higher class of Professional opponent.

Yuri is well-skilled, and yes has a decorated Amateur background, but so did Yanqui Diaz, so did Antonio Izquierdo, so did Diosbelys Hurtado, and many others that came before.

There's a World of Fighters at 130, and Yuri has yet to be remotely proven as better than all of them save for the very best.

BTW, if JMM remained at 130, he'd kill Yuri dead.

All that said yes on paper Yuri should beat Darling, but then again so should have Anchando, that's all I meant by that. Darling's no punk, but he's not a World Class opponent either.

Back