Exciting matches from Grapplemania today (Ryan Hall, Seph Smith)...peep these videos

ItsArun

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Beautiful guard pass @ 1:00, redonkulous triangle attempt @ 2:15, sick transitions...BEASTLY!

Another beautiful pass, straight to the kill like a pitbull...this is my kind of jiu jitsu! BEAST! :icon_twis

Last edited:
I was there. Great matches, and a helluva tournament. US Grappling knows what they're doing.

Funny how quiet it was when Ryan Hall was competing. Man he made that guy look like a complete amateur. It must hurt to be a black belt and have another black belt make you look like a white.

On another note, is it just me or does it look like Ryan is bulking up a bit recently?

Man he made that guy look like a complete amateur. It must hurt to be a black belt and have another black belt make you look like a white.

It blows my mind to see that and then think about those videos of ryan rolling with marcello. Inspiring and humbling! (No disrespect towards that blackbelt intended!)

Props to Rudy Fischmann for stepping up the challenge. They're in 2 different age categories (as well as weight too I think?). No shame in losing to Ryan Hall, I'm sure it would be a pretty awesome rolling with him either way.

I was there it was a great tournament made even better by the fact that I won white belt absolute!

It blows my mind to see that and then think about those videos of ryan rolling with marcello. Inspiring and humbling! (No disrespect towards that blackbelt intended!)

Wow I didn't even think about that when watching the video. Man BJJ is something else.

Rewatched that triange about 16 times to try see what he actually did.

It was classic... You could hear a pin drop and then Ryan shoots for a triangle and everybody goes "oooohhhhhh"

The pass was slick too, I've never seen that set-up before.

On a side note, I introduced myself to Ryan and he is a really nice guy.

glad to hear more great things about us grappling. can't wait to compete for you guys later this year.

The pass was slick too, I've never seen that set-up before.

It's a pass from his 50/50 guard DVD set, similar to a kind of guard pass that BJ Penn uses a lot. You trap your opponent in a kind of "outside" half guard that is almost useless to him, then pass/advance to side, mount or back control.

ryan's pass was killer - i guess he's pretty much got that 50/50 position figured out, eh?

seph's pass/hoke was friggin' AWESOME! i love that sorta thing.

USG definitely puts on a worthy show, best comps i've been to.

The triangle from inverted was really incredibile, it looks more like the attack of a mantis or something like this. Would be nice to know how really fast was this :)

It was amazing to see how calm Ryan Hall was.

I think he's on a completely different level.

You can see from his vids that he's a pretty sharp guy.

@ someone on this thread: yes I also said to myself that he bulked up.

Back