Excessive friendliness

barillas

🔥CHAMA Belt🔥
@Brown
Reaction score
Does anyone find this excessive friendliness of fighters during the fights a bit ridiculous? I mean, if you wanna touch gloves on the start of the round that's ok to me, it's means both fighters are ok on the beginning of the round, but fighters holding on and hugging on the middle of the fights make them look like they are not on the spirit of the fight which is to KTFO each other.
If I were a fighter, let's say, if I were Cro Cop fighting against Pat Barry and he came smiling at me in the middle of the fight I would punch a hole into his face, no matter what intention he was into.

TS doesn't understand the level of camaraderie fighters share when they lay it on the line.

It's a bit annoying but it wasn't that bad. Crocop-Barry was ridiculous.

Not as annoying as fighters begging for bonuses after fights.

Thank heavens they started cracking down on that + fighters plugging what nightclub they'll be partying at afterward.

The only time it bothered me was Uriah Hall vs Howard because Hall wouldn't pull the trigger.
Cote vs Burkman was great and you could see they were having fun beating each other up. In that case I kinda like it.

Does anyone find this excessive friendliness of fighters during the fights a bit ridiculous? I mean, if you wanna touch gloves on the start of the round that's ok to me, it's means both fighters are ok on the beginning of the round, but fighters holding on and hugging on the middle of the fights make them look like they are not on the spirit of the fight which is to KTFO each other.
If I were a fighter, let's say, if I were Cro Cop fighting against Pat Barry and he came smiling at me in the middle of the fight I would punch a hole into his face, no matter what intention he was into.

Fedor was very respectful. he'd touch gloves. but once that fight started, he was ruthless. When the fight was over, he was back to being friendly and caring. that is how all fighters should be. A fight is a fight. there is no hugging, smiling or any of that crap. Unless you are taunting another fighter, then it's cool...

mayweather-ortiz-k-o-o.gif

A lot of these guys know each other, have trained with each other and have respect for each other. Doesn't bother me at all, except Barry/Crocop was a little much.

I like the respect the fighters show each other. It is just a game after all.

It's a bit annoying but it wasn't that bad. Crocop-Barry was ridiculous.

No man. No. Barry/CC is an exception, because Pat Barry was just like any of us on sherdog would be when standing in front of Cro-cop...star struck. He was like a CC fanboy, like we ALL would be irl. And CC recognized that, which is part of what made that fight really unique and cool to see.

The hug to start round 5 of Hunt vs Bigfoot is one of my all-time favorite moments in MMA history.

That said, Cro Cop vs Barry was pretty silly.

No man. No. Barry/CC is an exception, because Pat Barry was just like any of us on sherdog would be when standing in front of Cro-cop...star struck. He was like a CC fanboy, like we ALL would be irl. And CC recognized that, which is part of what made that fight really unique and cool to see.

There's no such thing in fighting, both fighters are equal in there, they're just man, if a fighter can't enter a ring/cage with that in mind then he's doing it wrong. If I'd agree to fight my brother on a cage I wouldn't stop in the middle of the fight after a wild striking moment to touch gloves or hug him.

The hug to start round 5 of Hunt vs Bigfoot is one of my all-time favorite moments in MMA history.

That said, Cro Cop vs Barry was pretty silly.

It's ok in the start of the round, I think it's very memorable too, a good show of respect, but after the fight starts there's no point in it, it looks like the fighters are holding on.

Back