Examples of younger purime fighters smashing “Legends”

Pequeño Corey

Huge For Coreyweight
Platinum Member
Reaction score
After watching a reluctant Hall cry over TKO’ing his idol, I started thinking about how Anderson’s other opponents appeared to take it easy on him. Cormier and Izzy come to mind. Silva is so damned legendary that his recent opponents didn’t want to hurt him. I can’t think of another “Legend” fighter that commanded that kind of hespect.

-Brock scorched Randy with extreme prejudice.

-Hughes flattened Royce out on his belly and beat him like he stole something.

-Tito absolutely humiliated Shammy x2.

-Fat Hawaiian guy ko’ing BJ in a bar parking lot

What are some other examples of the younger purime fighter paying no mind to a substantial age and/or fight mileage disparity?

Prime undefeated, pre USADA, 29 year old Chris Weidman KOing 38 year old Anderson Silva and then breaking his leg months later.

If anyone wants to argue he was still in his prime, then at minimum, Weidman knocked Silva out of his prime since Silva has never been the same since then and this was all pre USADA.
Even his Diaz fight ... he was gun shy and timid. IMO his reflexes already looked slow vs Bonar who did tag him CLEAN a few times but Silva was lucky Bonnar never had good KO power but that's my opinion.
XAXovUa.gif
tenor.gif

Still ... one of the GOATS.

HESPECT!

Jones early and middle career title defenses and resume was authored and solidified by smashing legends, I miss that version of Jones who was just unlikable because he beat all your favorite fighters, not because of being a criminal and consumer of tainted supplements ...lol

Shogun
Hampage
Machida
Belfort
DC
Rashad

Last edited:
Jones vs Shogun as a Shogun fan was a sad thing to watch and the first one that came to mind.
I'd also say Gonzago CroCopping CropCop is up there right?

Jones early and middle career title defenses and resume was authored and solidified by smashing legends, I miss that version of Jones who was just unlikable because he beat all your favorite fighters, not because of being a criminal and consumer of tainted supplements ...lol

Shogun
Hampage
Machida
Belfort
DC
Rashad
"tainted* supplements AND boring razor-thin decisions.

I wouldn't call it smashed, but the card with Bendo vs Diaz also had BJ vs Rory and Gus vs Shogun. Both legends lost clear unanimous decisions. That felt like the beginning of the end of an era for me.

OSP/Shogun springs to mind
Brunson vs Machida
Petr Yan vs Faber
Yair to BJ

Those last 2 guys had no place in being involved in those fights whatsoever

Prime undefeated, pre USADA, 29 year old Chris Weidman KOing 38 year old Anderson Silva and then breaking his leg months later.

If anyone wants to argue he was still in his prime, then at minimum, Weidman knocked Silva out of his prime since Silva has never been the same since then and this was all pre USADA.
Even his Diaz fight ... he was gun shy and timid. IMO his reflexes already looked slow vs Bonar who did tag him CLEAN a few times but Silva was lucky Bonnar never had good KO power but that's my opinion.
XAXovUa.gif
tenor.gif

Still ... one of the GOATS.

HESPECT!
Ew F U

Schaub/CroCop
Nelson/CroCop and Big Nog

Although nobody has had the prestige that Silva had so that's probably why a lot of them didn't go out and totally dismantle him.

Back