Examples of tough mofo that wont bloody tap!

Varners ankle was gnarly

Machida & holm were warriors

My answer is Nordine Taleb on tuf, dunno how he fought through that kneebar

Oh and nog did tap, just too late

That fi
Jamie Varner trying to fight on with a broken ankle

Jamie+Varner+Fights+with+Broken+Ankle+UFC+173.gif
that fight was horrible to watch.

You're not a special flower. People understand it just fine. There are still elements of bullshit to it, and that's what people are calling out.
Seems to me you're one of those who don't understand it. But ok, I'll play. Elements such as? He gets promoted way more than other fighters based on the way he looks? He gets paid more than other fighters? He got a Reebok deal when other fighters didn't?

(Btw, I am a special flower.)

That fi

that fight was horrible to watch.

True, I think that's the only fight I fast forwarded not it because it was boring but I just couldn't take it.

Tough or stupid?

There is no shame in tapping if you are trapped.
However, if you think you can escape before taking real damage, that's different.

A lot of the time, it looks worse to the audience than it really is for the fighter, and vice versa; so what looks like an early tap, or like incredible toughness, may not be the way it really is.

If you are in trouble and won't tap because of your ego, that is not toughness, that is stupidity.

That's a warriors mentality or samarai spirit... you don't understand so you view it as stupidity.
It's easy to say you will never tap it's a whole different ballgame to be in that position and not tap.

So you think Reno didnt tap.to Saki because he's stupid? That is true control over your mind right there.

I'm definitely not trashing fighters who tap but give credit to those who don't and shouldn't be dismissed as stupidity like anyone can do it.

If anything it's stupid to tap to most chokes. Nowadays they tap before they try to fight or just sit there frozen hand r ready to tap in stead of going for hands or fighting it or doing anything..that's panicking anf show's the fighters mentality when things aren't going great .

There's a big difference between not tapping to chokes, and not tapping to a fully locked in joint lock.

Choke - worst that can happen is you take a nap, wake up and go train tomorrow.

Break an elbow, shoulder or knee - you just set your career back 6-12 months.

So yes, stupid not to tap when joint lock is fully on. Do all you can to escape / tough it out prior - but once it's gone, it's time to live and fight another day.

In his fight with Matt Hughes, the legendary Royce Gracie had his arm bent over for such a long time, and had the most bored poker face ever. And we all know the strength of a Hughes grip. ROYCE 40TH BIRTHDAY WAS LITTLE AFTER THAT.

Second off the top of my head now.. and I'm gonna get shit for this lol. Sage Northcut in his last fight where he had his arm also hyper extended for such a long time as well, and ended up winning too! AND HE'S ONLY 20... lol j/k.

maxresdefault-263.jpg

anybody got more examples? I just made this thread quickly...

See those flat hips? That's bad form.

I couldn't find a gif, but Rashid Magomedov's escape against Tony Martin was pretty sick.

That's a warriors mentality or samarai spirit... you don't understand so you view it as stupidity.
It's easy to say you will never tap it's a whole different ballgame to be in that position and not tap.

So you think Reno didnt tap.to Saki because he's stupid? That is true control over your mind right there.

I'm definitely not trashing fighters who tap but give credit to those who don't and shouldn't be dismissed as stupidity like anyone can do it.

If anything it's stupid to tap to most chokes. Nowadays they tap before they try to fight or just sit there frozen hand r ready to tap in stead of going for hands or fighting it or doing anything..that's panicking anf show's the fighters mentality when things aren't going great .
First of all, the idea of the 'Samurai spirit', is based on a religion. Do you think suicide bombers are brave and tough? or brainwashed?
Most of this 'Samurai spirit' nonsense is a fiction created by a Japanese General in WWII to get a bunch of young naive men to crash planes into American ships, again via brainwashing.

This is 2016, and you can ruin your body by not tapping; so if you know you are caught, you are an idiot not to tap. It is your ego, not your 'fighter's mentality'. Not only does it shorten your career, hence your earning potential, it ruins your body.

I certainly do understand a warrior's mentality, but to equate an MMA contest with a 'war' is also foolish.

In war, you have a lot at stake, not just your ego. Sacrifices have to be made in war. Those people are heroes.

There is nothing heroic in: "Hey bro look at my screwed up elbow, I can't lift shit, and can hardly straighten it out. Hear the clicking? Ten years ago, in an MMA match... and it still hurts!"

Last edited:
First of all, the idea of the 'Samurai spirit', is based on a religion. Do you think suicide bombers are brave and tough? or brainwashed?
Most of this 'Samurai spirit' nonsense is a fiction created by a Japanese General in WWII to get a bunch of young naive men to crash planes into American ships, again via brainwashing.

This is 2016, and you can ruin your body by not tapping; so if you know you are caught, you are an idiot not to tap. It is your ego, not your 'fighter's mentality'. Not only does it shorten your career, hence your earning potential, it ruins your body.

I certainly do understand a warrior's mentality, but to equate an MMA contest with a 'war' is also foolish.

In war, you have a lot at stake, not just your ego. Sacrifices have to be made in war. Those people are heroes.

There is nothing heroic in: "Hey bro look at my screwed up elbow, I can't lift shit, and can hardly straighten it out. Hear the clicking? Ten years ago, in an MMA match... and it still hurts!"

Wow! Way to over analyze the term. Calm down you Nancy. Let the tough guys be tough while you' sit overly critical thinking " just give up. What an idiot" holy shit !

When a fighter says they're going to war they don't actually mean guerilla warfare with firearms and lots o killings.
Waah samurai spirit! Ha!

Should call this thread 'stupidest fighters who have little regard for the longevity of their career'.

You get caught, you tap. This isn't WWE. Only casuals think you are tough for damaging your body unnecessarily
This.

Back in the Vale Tudo days, there was an old saying in Brazil that in order to submit a Japanese fighter you would have to apply a choke rather than a lock because they just wouldn't tap.

Ironically neither did BJJ legend Renzo Gracie when Japanese legend Sakuraba applied a reverse Kimura after getting his back taken.

***WARNING GRAPHIC***

ezprte.gif
class act that saku ... most fighters would have done some serious damage to illicit a tap ... he just calmly said this arm is done ... stop the fight

Back