Examples of throat power takedowns?

Nick Denis transitions to the choke slam mid-air

EnragedWeeklyKitten-size_restricted.gif

I love Rocky's footwork, scooting closer towards him.. Brock does his thing, he'll never be a Brett Hart or Dean Malenko.. But they'll never be him either.

tenor.gif

Lesnar was amazing back in the day. He had the look, but also a surprisingly deep move-set...

The most recent version of Lesnar was ass though, because of the way he was booked...

His matches would be 6 minutes long and consist of like 10 German Suplexes and an F-5...

Sometimes he would squash them even earlier than that.

giphy.gif

the closest one might be this

tumblr_mjg07kUjJw1s80fhyo1_250.gif
Man I really love that this gif has been really popular the last few days. I can still remember where I was when this happened and all of us kept going on abt "Boetsch-ing" motherfuckers and throwing front kicks. The Barbarian Bitch Toss was a moment I am and forever will be grateful for. War Boetachison! Boetsch Bless. Boetsch love you and keep you. Boetsch let His face shine upon you and give you peace. Bush-men.

Lesnar was amazing back in the day. He had the look, but also a surprisingly deep move-set...

The most recent version of Lesnar was ass though, because of the way he was booked...

His matches would be 6 minutes long and consist of like 10 German Suplexes and an F-5...

giphy.gif

Yeah aware his move-set is better than what he shows, but he doesn't play the character to fit an extensive move set, he's essentially like a beast character, and pretty much always has been, something similar to The Hulk, designed to just look strong aggressive and fairly simple, if he started pulling hurricanrana's and super kicks out of his ass he'd have to change his gimmick imo which would be a huge risk. Even so he'll never be regarded as anywhere near close the most technical wrestlers that have done it.

giphy.gif

old Lesnar was an absolute machine,his fight with Olympic medalist Kurt is insane.

athletics level A, no wonder Vince fell in love with him.

speaking of Kurt, he always had good fights!
Kurtshane.gif

Yeah aware his move-set is better than what he shows, but he doesn't play the character to fit an extensive move set, he's essentially like a beast character, and pretty much always has been, something similar to The Hulk, designed to just look strong aggressive and fairly simple, if he started pulling hurricanrana's and super kicks out of his ass he'd have to change his gimmick imo which would be a huge risk. Even so he'll never be regarded as anywhere near close the most technical wrestlers that have done it.

Yeah, but he’s only been booked that way since his win over Undertaker.

In his initial run in the WWE, Lesnar was actually able to show his more versatile move-set and wouldn’t just win 100% of a match that only lasted 5 minutes. He was in full length matches and his opponents would also get in a good bit of offense.

Hulk Hogan was the same way...

A lot of his matches in the WWE seemed to be take a beating, hulk up, big boot, leg drop. But in Japan...

QuarterlyValuableEquestrian-size_restricted.gif

1o65bxpa8dn01.gif

tumblr_otlxs95UHS1vtad0lo1_250.gif

0aec5e0c0692981d6937967759cf18e2.gif

Kit Cope grabbed Kenny Florian by the throat and slammed him down.... I can’t find a single gif but (if memory serves me correctly) it was in the first round. It was just a bully move and I loved it.

old Lesnar was an absolute machine,his fight with Olympic medalist Kurt is insane.

athletics level A, no wonder Vince fell in love with him.

speaking of Kurt, he always had good fights!
Kurtshane.gif

They had a match in NJPW as well...

In his initial run in the WWE, Lesnar was actually able to show his more versatile move-set and wouldn’t just win 100% of a match that only lasted 5 minutes. He was in full length matches and his opponents would also get in a good bit of offense.

A lot of his matches in the WWE seemed to be take a beating, hulk up, big boot, leg drop. But in Japan...

1o65bxpa8dn01.gif

Totally agree with you about the move-sets but I don't think his character was reflected more or less without the moves, only hardcore wrestling fans really seem to care imo, if someone like Rey came out and only did a dropkick and a leg drop to win people would care much more...

I guess in Japan you can't get away with it, they have like hour long matches and stuff, it's barely the same thing.. Brock's character has always basically been Angry badass, occasionally some cheesy dad joke style comedy thrown in like his dancing.
giphy.gif
GvIB.gif
There is this Brock or this one
tenor.gif

In like 20 years!

1o65bxpa8dn01.gif

Japanese Puroresu work rate has always shit on the American “sports entertainment” style, unless it was the independent circuit like Ring Of Honor or old school TNA.

Kit Cope grabbed Kenny Florian by the throat and slammed him down.... I can’t find a single gif but (if memory serves me correctly) it was in the first round. It was just a bully move and I loved it.
Wow that’s a pretty obscure reference! I’m assuming went on to kick his ass though?

I'd like to see fights end with strikes to the Adam's apple.

Look at that kneeling maneuver he uses on his neck, it's almost as if it is a regular move utilised by police when a suspected criminal is resisting arrest.
Maybe it's not regularly used for 9 minutes straight? Seems a bit dangerous to me.

Back