Examples of the same 2 fighters clashing in two different sports. Did the outcome change?

Butterbean vs Cabbage in MMA and kickboxing. Crossovers between MMA, kickboxing and pro wrestling actually used to be very common, particularly in Japan where they don't really see that much distinction between the three.

Hunt lost to mirko in k-1 and beat him in pride

Joanna lost to shevchenko in mma and kickboxing
An under the weather Crocop in PRIDE headkicked Hunt so many times, but still managed to lose, maybe due to "octagon control" backpedaling.

Lol. I agree it's nice to see he's having fun but if he wanted easy money he would have stayed in the UFC training to compete twice a year (or every 5 years in his case) instead of training and competing 50+ times a year if he's any sort of regular on the roster.

I may not be a fan of Wrestling anymore but I'm also not delusional enough to think they don't have one of the most physically demanding careers possible.
In pro wrestling, you have no risk of losing. you just keep going regardless of the scripted outcome. damn in the actual fighting sport even if u win and have a boring style your stock wont rise, it's that bad.

I dont buy into all that bs about it being harder. I take what these guys are saying with a grain of salt though it's kind of high nosed of me. not every wwe event has a elbow drop from a latter or a slam over an open chair. ffs these guys are stomping the floor pretending it's a punching noise...

Roy Nelson won against Frank Mir in their grappling match, but lost their MMA bout.

Also, Makoto Takimoto lost to Yoon Dong Sik in Judo, and won their MMA bout.

Last edited:
Back