Examples of the same 2 fighters clashing in two different sports. Did the outcome change?

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Rick Rofus vs Maurice Smith

Two names every hardcore kickboxing fan know well. Rick is known to a few MMA fans by his brother as a coach, Duke.

They fought in k1 in a kickboxing fight where Rick won by UD:

5 and a half years later they sign an MMA match in StrikeForce where the outcome was turned around completely. Maurice won in the first round this time, and by straight armbar surprisingly in less than a minute. I'm sorry I can't find the video, but if someone can post it, I'd appreciate that myself. https://www.mma-core.com/fights/Maurice_Smith_vs_Rick_Roufus/1039435

Can you think of any other examples?

Brock vs Cain

Cain destroyed brock in the real fight, brock won the fake fight

Hunt lost to mirko in k-1 and beat him in pride

Joanna lost to shevchenko in mma and kickboxing

Valentina vs Joanna

Valentina always beats Joanna

Yoshida-Ogawa in judo (1994) and MMA (2005). Yoshida won both.

WWE is not easy money.

Yeah, acting is a tough profession.
Or are they more like dancers because of the choreography?
Actors, dancers, fake wrestlers..... toughest jobs in the world.

Rick Rofus vs Maurice Smith

Two names every hardcore kickboxing fan know well. Rick is known to a few MMA fans by his brother as a coach, Duke.

They fought in k1 in a kickboxing fight where Rick won by UD:

5 and a half years later they sign an MMA match in StrikeForce where the outcome was turned around completely. Maurice won in the first round this time, and by straight armbar surprisingly in less than a minute. I'm sorry I can't find the video, but if someone can post it, I'd appreciate that myself. https://www.mma-core.com/fights/Maurice_Smith_vs_Rick_Roufus/1039435

Can you think of any other examples?

How's that surprising? Smith is a UFC HoF MMA fighter. Roufus is just a kickboxer. Of course an MMA HoFer would sub him in a minute.

Travis Fulton fought Rory Prazak eight times in MMA and three times in boxing between 2003 and 2007. Fulton stopped him in all fights.

While I'm not really a fan of professional wrestling, almost everyone who has ever done it has commented that it is the most physically demanding "sport" they have ever participated in. Quinton Jackson, Don Frye, Kurt Angle etc. all high level athletes in MMA/Olympic wrestling, have gone on record and said professional wrestling is significantly harder. Rampage even said he quit TNA because his body couldn't handle the abuse.

A pre-determined outcome doesn't make getting smacked in the head with a chair hurt any less (or in the case of Mick Foley, fall 25 feet on top of thumb tacks)

Travis Fulton fought Rory Prazak eight times in MMA and three times in boxing between 2003 and 2007. Fulton stopped him in all fights.
There's a persistent fellow if I ever saw one...

While I'm not really a fan of professional wrestling, almost everyone who has ever done it has commented that it is the most physically demanding "sport" they have ever participated in. Quinton Jackson, Don Frye, Kurt Angle etc. all high level athletes in MMA/Olympic wrestling, have gone on record and said professional wrestling is significantly harder. Rampage even said he quit TNA because his body couldn't handle the abuse.

A pre-determined outcome doesn't make getting smacked in the head with a chair hurt any less (or in the case of Mick Foley, fall 25 feet on top of thumb tacks)
Yeah it's the repeated falls that really add up, small can quickly become serious. WWE in particular is also pretty brutal with the schedule, constantly traveling, it's tough mentally on a lot of people. Though Cain hasn't had to deal with that since he only appeared a few times.

There's a persistent fellow if I ever saw one...
Yeah, Hisaki Kato the japanese musketeer.
funny thing is Kato eventually and recently lost to a guy Joe beat in kickboxing in Chidi Bang Bang.

EDIT: another example of why mmath doesnt work.

That’s nuts ha ha, Fulton is ridiculously active.

<DisgustingHHH>

Oh so Cain is in wwe. good to see him having fun making easy money .
Lol. I agree it's nice to see he's having fun but if he wanted easy money he would have stayed in the UFC training to compete twice a year (or every 5 years in his case) instead of training and competing 50+ times a year if he's any sort of regular on the roster.

I may not be a fan of Wrestling anymore but I'm also not delusional enough to think they don't have one of the most physically demanding careers possible.

Bob Sapp vs Le Banner... 1 fight, 3 Rds, 2 different sports! [IIRC: KB-MMA-KB]

SAKU G. vs Henzo [MMA / Grapplin´]
Hoyce vs Yoshida
Big Nog vs Ricco
Arona vs Kanehara

Last edited:
Back