Ex UFC vet Justin Wren is back! All aboard the Pygmy support war wagon!

Is he? The guy is officially 0-1 in the UFC

He seems like a good guy but he has gotten more than enough exposure for the good he has done, I question his motives on wanting so much publicity about it

Anyway if it wasn't for that nobody would know or care who he is so he has done well for himself, I am not going to celebrate the man though

jerk.png

Dude is trying to get some publicity and donations for a good cause. Unlike a lot of people he is not getting rich off his charity.

I remember him being seen as a good HW prospect. I don't recall why he was cut after 1 loss (and to Madsen who did pretty well in the UFC compared to many others). He's still pretty young and has a pretty record. I don't remember how well he fought on TUF or in his loss to Madsen. If he strings togther a couple wins it'd be cool to see him back in the UFC

I remember him being seen as a good HW prospect. I don't recall why he was cut after 1 loss (and to Madsen who did pretty well in the UFC compared to many others). He's still pretty young and has a pretty record. I don't remember how well he fought on TUF or in his loss to Madsen. If he strings togther a couple wins it'd be cool to see him back in the UFC

That is usually how it goes with TUF guys, they get one fight in the UFC against another guy from their season on the finale of their season and if they lose they are sent packing.

Is he? The guy is officially 0-1 in the UFC

He seems like a good guy but he has gotten more than enough exposure for the good he has done, I question his motives on wanting so much publicity about it

Anyway if it wasn't for that nobody would know or care who he is so he has done well for himself, I am not going to celebrate the man though

common man, it's obvious he's a good person, Stuff like he has been doing needs all the exposure it can get, I have no idea why you would question his motives when I think he said he would be donating all his fight profits to the project he's undertaking.

common man, it's obvious he's a good person, Stuff like he has been doing needs all the exposure it can get, I have no idea why you would question his motives when I think he said he would be donating all his fight profits to the project he's undertaking.

People who question the motives of good people usually do so because they themselves are pretty terrible and they can't really comprehend how someone could do something genuinely selfless and good.

Sounded like his body got decimated by tropical diseases when he was talking on the JRE. Good luck to the guy, but you gotta worry how strong he's going to come back physically after all that. Not exactly great HW competition in Bellator though, so he might do decent.

Sounded like his body got decimated by tropical diseases when he was talking on the JRE. Good luck to the guy, but you gotta worry how strong he's going to come back physically after all that. Not exactly great HW competition in Bellator though, so he might do decent.

Yeah the guy he is fighting is 0-5 in Bellator so there is a good chance Wren wins that one. The good guys that Bellator does have are pretty decent though, I'm not sure if Wren could beat Minakov, Tony Johnson, or Kongo but time will tell.

Justin Wren is not what I'd call synonymous with the UFC.

In the MMA world he is more synonymous, was on a season of the Ultimate Fighter and had a fight in the UFC. He has an awesome story man, ditched addiction and has freed enslaved people. I hope his time in Bellator builds a road back to the main stage.

just checked out his wiki page and I'm really surprised he's 28, I thought he would be older and he hasn't fought since 2010. He's fighting August 28th, good luck to him, hope he wins.

I don't think there is really anything wrong with getting your cause into the public eye when it is something you believe in. He spends a shit load of time in the Congo and has come pretty close to dying because of it, doesn't seem like he is doing it for fame or money, just seems like he cares about those people.

I watched the Joe Rogan podcast with him a while back, If i recall correctly it was also a religious campaign over there

If he wants to help people struggling there are plenty in his own country who are struggling, not that what he does for those people isn't a good thing I just wonder

Cool. I was hoping he would ge picked up by the UFC again after he won a couple fights on the regional circuit but then he went on a hiatus. Nice to see him back I guess. I thought he should have gotten the decision against Jon Madsen at the TUF 10 Finale.

Back